Too dark for action -- rugby in the rain

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
No
Amersham & Chiltern at home to Broadmoor Staff ... driving rain, wind & gloom ... no lights anywhere. ISO 800 and at any shutter speed all I got back was grain and gloom ...

Anyway, here are a couple of underexposed 'sportraits' that came out of it ...

2994586243_d36579acbf.jpg

2994583387_994dab3e10.jpg

The rest of the rather poor set (8 other pics) is here. I really need some faster glass!

I quite like the second one. If you just brightened it a little bit, it would turn out into a very nice image. May I run it through PhotoShop?

Broadmoor staff!, I'm glad it's not the inmates, that would be a dodgy game!. Wayne

I like number 2 very gritty. Just goes to show that even without fast glass you can still get some interesting and different shots.:clap:

Broadmoor staff!, I'm glad it's not the inmates, that would be a dodgy game!. Wayne

More suited to the conditions though. You don't have to be mad to play amateur rugby union in the mud and driving rain but it helps (etc etc)

I like number 2 very gritty. Just goes to show that even without fast glass you can still get some interesting and different shots.:clap:

Many thanks. I need *something* f/2.8 for the next time though. The days aren't getting any lighter!

True, I shot Rugby for the first time this weekend and have slow glass as well, by the 70th minute I gave up, it was just to dark

Back