Tour de France, fish eye goodness

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a few odd shots from my time on High Bradfield and by Big Ben for the Tour stages. Nothing special, just snap shots really!

14709710474_4deda0d6d9_b.jpg

14711858662_deb03038c2_b.jpg

14712147165_483f3c54d2_b.jpg

14709729264_ecdcf655ff_b.jpg

5. Sagan locked on the wheel of Kittel and his winning lead out train.
14732003333_da1b2d21d2_b.jpg

I absolutely love #1 and #4 for capturing the atmosphere and doing so dramatically. The others do nothing for me I'm afraid.

I like those too, nice work, though the first looks like it could do with a horizontal straighten - great use of the fisheye and love the 1st B&W :)

Sorry but they don't do much for me either. I like the idea in no1, but would liked to have seen the cyclists in the middle so you knew what the event was.

I like 1 because it gives a sense of anticipation

and

4 because it gives a good view of the fans and perspective to the hill

Sorry but they don't do much for me either. I like the idea in no1, but would liked to have seen the cyclists in the middle so you knew what the event was.

If I'd have done that I'd have gone against everything that's good about photographing the tour, nothing worse than a photographer in the middle of the road!

@Carlh - I wasn't sure about the horizon in that one either but the hill in the background slopes down to the right and the road was on an angle so it's all a bit tricky really, without including the distortion of the fisheye on top!

A very good different set, thinking 'out of the box' ... #1, #3 & #4 for me :)

If I'd have done that I'd have gone against everything that's good about photographing the tour, nothing worse than a photographer in the middle of the road!

But you are in the middle of the road! :D

You could still have got a glimpse of the riders way before they reached you without getting in their way IMHO.

But you are in the middle of the road! :D

You could still have got a glimpse of the riders way before they reached you without getting in their way IMHO.

I hate it when people stand in the middle of the road, I'm a cyclist myself and can't think of anything worse than having unpredictable people standing in front of you, especially when you're thinking about attacking on the climb.

I took this long before any riders came through, before team cars and motorbikes. I was lucky that everyone seemed to be looking down the road in anticipation when there wasn't actually anyone coming.

As for trying to sneak a shot in as the riders come up the road, I'd rather not risk it, I was there as a spectator not a photographer.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I was a bit further "back" down the road. The first one is magic. It doesn't need a rider for me. In fact, it would spoil it. Just shows how different we are. The ones I take of runners and cyclists always provide differing opinions on which ones are good (or not).

I love this one, taken in Barnsley, but others don't.

View attachment 19318

They prefer this type

View attachment 19319

Back