B&W Tower of Power

Edit My Images
No
Took a trip down to Sizewell at the weekend. I hadn't intended on taking any shots of the power station but felt drawn to doing so.

This was a 30 second exposure at f/11

Power
by tomh198218, on Flickr

Cheers T

I dont feel the long exposure has added here. I think a further crop (portrait) to tighten the main subject would really make those lovely diagonals standout.

The first picture is a well taken view but does not have any real impact.

I think the second picture is a much more interesting and abstract image.

How about this? I like it!

That's what I saw! Actually I would have gone slightly wider but I think your crop is now great because it focuses in the key elements if the image and has far more impact than a general scene shot.

Its odd, for me the crop doesn't work. I looked at the uncropped image before reading it was the power station at Sizewell.

I was intrigued, found plenty to look at and wondered about the building in general. The crop takes too much away for me :)

Love the sky from the long exposure and b&w certainly works well (y)

I like both to be honest. As with everything different people have different a tastes & requirements.

Thanks for commenting everyone!

I like them both.

However, I'd go in even tighter on the crop to remove the foliage at the bottom. The tightness focuses on the harsh lines and, in my view, the foliage distracts from this. Or maybe try a little cloning of the wall over the bushes to keep a nicer aspect ratio.

Back