TP Official Diamond Jubilee Thread

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Well as we have an Olympic Torch thread to document this one off event in the UK, it strikes me that a Diamond Jubilee thread should also have a place and give us a similar record - the Jubilee as Talk Photography saw it. Don't worry, not going to be moving everyones pics here, it's up to you to add a few of your own, even if they are already posted elsewhere (y)

So, whether you were on the river banks for the Pageant, at a local street party, or just celebrating at home with friends and a BBQ, lets see your record of this historic event. Please help fill in the gap with a few details of what & where if you don't mind. ;)

To get the ball rolling....

1 - A few local pictures here around Barnet, Nth London, of the flags/bunting

2012-06-03_001.jpg

2 - The local beacon in the village of Monken Hadley, Barnet, was lit this evening, like thousands of others across the country, not my best ever pictures, but a moment I was happy to witness. ;)

locals start to gather....

YWP_8598.jpg

...and all for this later, the Jubilee Beacon bursts into life. Ok, its not quite the fireworks at Buck House, but its ours :LOL:
YWP_8643.jpg

Ingrid, LOVE the harness drive, how very regal is that? :D

Thanks Yvonne it was an amazing sight, 24 carriages of all shapes and sizes

there's been nothing of note in Basingstoke, very disappointing. I went looking for a town bedecked in flags and bunting and had to go to Dorset to find any :( this is Bere Regis, where the cars stopped in the road to let me take my photo!! how cool is that?

Bere Regis by moominmama, on Flickr

Bere regis by moominmama, on Flickr

Took a walk to the beacon on top of the hill at Downs Banks, Stone, Staffordshire.

Arrived just in time for a hurried set-up to catch the last of the sunset.

Sunset by Chris S B, on Flickr

The NT warden keeping watch over his beacon

Keeping Watch by Chris S B, on Flickr

The countdown begins, 10:01 arrives and the Warden steps forward to light the beacon

10:01 4th June 2012 by Chris S B, on Flickr

A warming glow on a cool evening - lens condensation was not a problem!

Burning Bright by Chris S B, on Flickr

A small but enthusiastic crowd had arrived to watch, the National Anthem was sung.

The Crowd by Chris S B, on Flickr

The National Trust guys at Downs Banks did a good job

Downs Banks Diamond Jubilee Beacon by Chris S B, on Flickr

I know these shots are not technically brilliant, but I hope they capture the mood of the evening.

Chris

Here's on from me taken on a wonder around Manchester city centre yesterday (y)
I wonder if that was the one that a kid let go just minutes after getting it in Exchange Square :D

A couple of images from Monday Evening with the lighting of the Jubilee Beacon at the nearby Cricket Club. Taken in Whaley Bridge, Peak District.

Looking East across the valley towards Eccles Pike
186.jpg

Close-up view of the proceedings
187.jpg

The Full Moon rising out the clouds looking towards Buxton
188.jpg

Love #7 Mark.
I'll bung a couple of mine up tomorrow if I get the time.

1. Morris Dancers in Caddington

2. Sunset on Dunstable Downs heading up to the beacon

3. Lighting the beacon

4. Beacon Mark 9

5. Jubilee Moon

Good to see so many great pics in this thread. We had a street party and my 17 month old son got in to the celebrations - very aptly dressed (I want that t-shirt in an adult size!). Even better, my local council saw this image on Flickr and emailed me asking for permission to use the image on their FB page to inspire others to post their pictures of the jubilee celebrations.

7351041970_1268a842e2_b.jpg
[/url]
Waving the flag by Pro_G77, on Flickr[/img]

Maybe one of the shots was the infamous one of Cathy Wales with her baps out?

Back