Critique Tree sparrow

Hi Dennis
have an un-calibrated monitor :rolleyes: it looks a bit yelow/orange to me which could also make it look over saturated ?
That aside pleasing enough image to me and appears to be well exposed.

Thanks Bob , I always try and go from the colour of the head on the tree sparrows, as for oversaturation that is one slider I rarely touch in light room, mainly vibrancy to a average of around 25%,but thanks for the feedback....

Colour looks okay on my monitor ... nice little fella :)

I would also lean towards a yellow or orange cast Den, apart from that it's a nice shot.

Nothing much to add other than agreeing with what has already been mentioned.

It looks better on flickr, posting direct on here seems to have affected the sharpness and contrast (to my eyes)

No idea what others are seeing here? A reduction in Yellow via Saturation/Hue, small amount of Blue added.

Treesparrow28thOctober_zpse73ccd00.jpg

Last edited:
Edit by Rich looks spot on to me, the yellow/orange cast has gone, interesting I was going to have a go myself later when I boot up the pc, I would have probably tried wb, temp saturation, doubt I would have thought about adding blue

Edit by Rich looks spot on to me, the yellow/orange cast has gone, interesting I was going to have a go myself later when I boot up the pc, I would have probably tried wb, temp saturation, doubt I would have thought about adding blue

The Color Balance panel can be your friend Bob. It`s as good as THIS

Reactions: RKC
Here's my take on it Den...

View attachment 23861

I have LR5, and used the Eye Dropper to correct the colour balance by clicking on the bird's chest, and then added a very small amount of: contrast, clarity and exposure.
What do you think?

Russ

That looks fine to me Russ,there will always be variations between edits,but so long as it deals with the original small issue, then that is all that really matters.

The Color Balance panel can be your friend Bob. It`s as good as THIS

Yep aware of colour circle Rich it just gets forgotten sometimes :) its a thing of habit colour temp is the one I tend to use, you get usedto something and then forget other stuff which really is a mistake as each photo quite often need their own editing process

Back