Treecreeper Wren and Nuthatch

Edit My Images
Yes
Took these today in the woods around Linacres Reservoirs near Chesterfield. All taken with the 300 f4 + 1.4ext hand held. These have been cropped quite a bit as I couldn't get near to them. C & C welcome.

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Wow! They are really lovely!!!!! Is that a baby nuthatch? how cute!!!! :love:

Awww what a cute little bird! Superb shots, they would look fantastic if they were perfectly clear!

loverly, simperly loverley set :clap: :clap:
(and I dont say that very often)

Thanks to all for your comments.

Wow! They are really lovely!!!!! Is that a baby nuthatch? how cute!!!! :love:

I think it may be a bit early in the year for this bird to be a young one, maybe someone could confirm this.

Excellent, superb shots :clap:

The tree creeper looked so good on my laptop that I had to boot up the big screen machine to have an even better look.

Fantastic shot....:clap:

Bob

Lovely captures and so nearly got that Wren's tail up too! (y)

The Nuthatch will be an adult from last year's batch of young at the very least.

Thanks again.
Lovely captures and so nearly got that Wren's tail up too! (y)

CT, This is another one of the wren, excuse the quality as it was further away than the other, but is this one reaching the tail height you are looking for.

IMG_0156.jpg

Oooh.. that's close Lammie. :D

Dead upright will do me, but they do sometimes actually pass the upright and lean in towards the body.

If you get that shot before me I shall never speak to you again! :nono:

:D

well done lammie,great shots.nuthatches wont have even laid yet so it will be an adult :)

Thanks for your replies they are much appreciated, and thanks CT and jimbob for the nuthatch info. CT the wren race is on.;)

Thanks Dean. I only went there because I saw the signpost for Linacres Res as I went past the entrance on my way to Cutthorpe to see the waxwing, but I didn't have any luck with those even though they had been seen there earlier in the day.
Thanks for looking Jason, just spend a bit of time in a wooded area and you should see one, mind you tree creepers can be hard to spot.

Back