Trying out my "new" lens

Name
Paolo Gramatica
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally got round to testing out my "new" lens I got from Barney. Nothing great but I am still trying to get used to the manual focusing.

It's a great lens Barney, thanks. All imperfections (and I know there are plenty) are solely the guy behind the lens. :D

Bassano_del_Grappa_2008_0227.JPG

Bassano_del_Grappa_2008_0232.JPG

First is a bit soft (focus out?) Second is better, cleaner and crisper.

Does the new lens not autofocus?

Nice ones P...especially the second shot, the colours look spot on on my screen.

Bob

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, :)

Sorry, forgot to mention, the lens is a 70-300 Nikon I just bought from Barney on TP.

Unfortunately the lens does not autofocus on my D40X. That is the reason why I have to focus manually and since the shots were taken without a tripod it does become rather more "interesting" to focus manually. But I am enjoying the lens, even though I did not get a chance to try it out a lot, mainly due to the inclement weather we have had over the last 5 days in Italy. :(

I took quite a few shots before getting the hang of it, a lot of them are "soft" or probably more appropriately OOF.:nono:

Bob, the pics were as taken out of camera, no photoshopping, so I am glad the colours are good on your monitor. Considemiserable conditions ....!

But I will definitely continue to try .... when I get home next time!

Back