Beginner trying out new camera

Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
DSC_0096 by Lee Hayes, on Flickr
had a quick go at some editing to try and lighten things up a bit on one of the pics.....a long way to go yet to get my head round it all

Maybe a touch underexposed.
+1, looks like you need to get the camera metering correctly rather than having to adjust in a software programme afterwards.
The rugby shots need to be rotated slightly so the verticals (posts) are vertical.
What's the camera/lens, new or secondhand? Were you shooting in a programme mode e.g. Aperture or Shutter priority?
Other than that they look decent enough efforts for a first try.
Just remember everyone's opinion, including mine above, is just their personal opinion and what some like others dont, so long as you get what you want that's all that really matters.

Matt

Great action shots and I love your dog.(y):clap::clap::clap: I used to get my horizons out until it was pointed out to me. this edit shows what Mat is talking about(y):)

36621973690_c06086dae9_z.jpg

What's the camera/lens, new or secondhand? Were you shooting in a programme mode e.g. Aperture or Shutter priority?

ive started with a nikon d3400 and just the kit lens...think i shot the rugby one in shutter priority...trying to stay away from auto and get used to using it manual,

had a little go at some editing...cropping and adjusting
DSC_0083 by Lee Hayes, on Flickr
In another post I suggested before and after shots to show what people have done to their photos, you have provided these here and it clearly shows how much the original has been improved, great post, thanks.
Matt

Hi Lee Your edit looks really good, but I would have left the lad on the right in as he contributes to the action. The non players(not the ref:)) I would clone out. ...Also the lamps in the sky are better gone.:)...As I said I really like your picture.

Hi Lee Your edit looks really good, but I would have left the lad on the right in as he contributes to the action. The non players(not the ref:)) I would clone out. ...Also the lamps in the sky are better gone.:)...As I said I really like your picture.

Interestingly, Scott Kelby would suggest to go the other way and to crop in tighter on the tackle as that's where the action is (at least I believe that's what he would suggest having watched a few of his KelbyOne vids on editing sports photography)

ive started with a nikon d3400 and just the kit lens...think i shot the rugby one in shutter priority...trying to stay away from auto and get used to using it manual,
Why would you want to use 'Manual' when you have the automation available in your camera?
Do you turn the autofocus off too?

It won't improve your shots. Stick to aperture or shutter priority and let the camera work things out.

Back