Daily T's 365 challenge..... Life begins at 40......

I'm starting to think that T's going to post her first photo at 11.59 tonight! :LOL:

~Sam~ said:
I'm starting to think that T's going to post her first photo at 11.59 tonight! :LOL:

Well I had plans of posting first thing but damn I got such a stressy head on and it's only the first day.....( insert all swear words) lol.....

Fingers crossed within the hour!

Hurry up... It's nearly time for the 🎯 and I wanna see the inception photo ;)

Martyn D said:
Now look....I have no idea what you mean, I've simply taken you off ignore just to have a look at the pic :p

Haha I might just have to make you wait just a few more minutes now! Lol

At this rate, your photo will be of a calendar set at Jan 1st 2014! :LOL:

At this rate, your photo will be of a calendar set at Jan 1st 2014! :LOL:

:razz::razz:

You actually could be very right there!.... i have it sitting here just having second thoughts lol:LOL::LOL:

Come on T, I can't get my photos up until I'm home again on Thursday.

Right, what's going on here then? No shot yet T?:crying:

Had a stressy head and putting it off!...... going to write what needs writing for this one so it will be up shortly:eek:

Well my biggest fear is this, a self portrait, i am like alot, afraid to be in front of the camera, behind it is where i feel most happiest... A couple of years ago i got convinced to do just a 7 day SP and on that first day of shooting i have never felt so scared and i got myself into such a stress:D.... for what? it's just a picture i was told.. no different to meeting with mates or people seeing you out and about,.... but it is different, well to me it is....

Anyway the thing is i love portrait work but haven't really a clue, i don't have anything but my camera and practising these last couple of days with indoor has nearly sent me totally crazy and made me realise just how much i need to learn.... especially indoor shooting with no off cam flash... next purchase methinks...

My plan for this 365 is..... i don't know.... i may decide to include a few themes, but to start will be random until i have got into the habit of taking and posting each day...

But i think this will also help by trying to get over the self portrait issue, i would love to think on a day when it's wet and yukky i have a self portrait to fall back on.. maybe see exactly what i can do......

So this.... here underneath is me T or Trace... but not TRACIE that makes me feel like i've been told off and i will have to hunt you down and kick butt!.... OK!!!...:LOL::LOL:

Oh also, i like the darker style too, emotional shots that kind of thing so that is my aim to practice.... and master a bit of editing technique as well as i only have limited knowledge of LR and PS

Let me know what you would change, where i've gone wrong..... i know a few of these already but this was one of the slightly better ones...:eek:

Incase you are wondering.... i'm still rambling because hopefully by the time you get here you will all be snoring and dribbling like fools and wont even see the photo!..... haha cunning plan Ms. T:D:LOL::LOL:

IMG_4929 by Cg_girl, on Flickr

Last edited:
well here we go with your first shot of your 365 and.............................

......it's a bl**dy lovely one of you :D I love it - you have the dark, emotional style there :D Can see the fear and worry about what others would think of you but....... you will never have to worry hun :D It is beautiful :D WELL DONE!!!! :clap: xx

Well my biggest fear is this, a self portrait, i am like alot, afraid to be in front of the camera, behind it is where i feel most happiest... A couple of years ago i got convinced to do just a 7 day SP and on that first day of shooting i have never felt so scared and i got myself into such a stress:D.... for what? it's just a picture i was told.. no different to meeting with mates or people seeing you out and about,.... but it is different, well to me it is....

Anyway the thing is i love portrait work but haven't really a clue, i don't have anything but my camera and practising these last couple of days with indoor has nearly sent me totally crazy and made me realise just how much i need to learn.... especially indoor shooting with no off cam flash... next purchase methinks...

My plan for this 365 is..... i don't know.... i may decide to include a few themes, but to start will be random until i have got into the habit of taking and posting each day...

But i think this will also help by trying to get over the self portrait issue, i would love to think on a day when it's wet and yukky i have a self portrait to fall back on.. maybe see exactly what i can do......

So this.... here underneath is me T or Trace... but not TRACIE that makes me feel like i've been told off and i will have to hunt you down and kick butt!.... OK!!!...:LOL::LOL:

Oh also, i like the darker style too, emotional shots that kind of thing so that is my aim to practice.... and master a bit of editing technique as well as i only have limited knowledge of LR and PS

Let me know what you would change, where i've gone wrong..... i know a few of these already but this was one of the slightly better ones...:eek:

Incase you are wondering.... i'm still rambling because hopefully by the time you get here you will all be snoring and dribbling like fools and wont even see the photo!..... haha cunning plan Ms. T:D:LOL::LOL:

IMG_4929 by Cg_girl, on Flickr

Very nice T..... I like it.... a good start.....

Very strong day one, T. I like it and see that dark, emotional side of photography you mentioned. Does the tat have a special meaning for you? It does seem to draw the eye somewhat. [Please don't tell me I just misinterpreted a watermark! :eek:]

P.S. If you call me Samantha in your reply, I will kill you quicker!! :LOL:

Well well well....that's a bit impressive :clap:

I'd call that a great start Tracie ;)

Excellent start T, I don't think I would even attempt to do a shot like this.
Like the lighting especially.

Phil

......it's a bl**dy lovely one of you :D I love it - you have the dark, emotional style there :D Can see the fear and worry about what others would think of you but....... you will never have to worry hun :D It is beautiful :D WELL DONE!!!! :clap: xx

Thank you sooooo much Carol, i hate it but really want to feel comfortable doing some more, :eek::D

Trace you should be bloody proud of that photo "Beautiful"

Love the Monochrome !!

Going to enjoy this thread this year

Thank you so much Vince, i'm not very confident when it comes to selfies but i would like to be more comfortable doing them.... i can breath a sigh of relief now lol :D

Very nice T..... I like it.... a good start.....

Thank you Lee!:D

Well done T. Great pose. Beautiful mono.. Great start to the year!

Seriously thank you Kev.......;)

Very strong day one, T. I like it and see that dark, emotional side of photography you mentioned. Does the tat have a special meaning for you? It does seem to draw the eye somewhat. [Please don't tell me I just misinterpreted a watermark! :eek:]

P.S. If you call me Samantha in your reply, I will kill you quicker!! :LOL:

Hehehe thanks Sam, it was tough doing it! Tat is DPA.. kids initials... :LOL::LOL:

Well well well....that's a bit impressive :clap:

I'd call that a great start Tracie ;)

Thank you Martyn..... Sadly for you i used to live in cambridgeshire so it looks like i need to kick butt already lol!!:razz:

Excellent start T, I don't think I would even attempt to do a shot like this.
Like the lighting especially.

Phil

Thanks Phil it was a tough one to start with and damn scary but i made a point i would push myself with this challenge:D

Great start to your 365 Trace :)
You have wore your heart on your sleeve with this one, so much respect for that too :clap:
The photograph itself is quality, lovely contrasty image, great lighting and composition. Good use of negative space too.
Lets see your smile in the next self portrait? ;) Iain

Well that's an exceptional start to the challenge T. I now also know where all the crazies were last night well I was working, it was in your thread :D

Thank you Matt it was a toughie...... yes they were, noisy buggers lol :D

Great start to your 365 Trace :)
You have wore your heart on your sleeve with this one, so much respect for that too :clap:
The photograph itself is quality, lovely contrasty image, great lighting and composition. Good use of negative space too.
Lets see your smile in the next self portrait? ;) Iain

Thank you Iain... i did didn't i.. tho i think if i'm going to do something i really try and put my all into it, this tested me, being so scared and awkward infront of the cam..... i will try and smile tho that is the part i hate most so maybe a big glass of wine for that one:D:D

Thank you Iain... i did didn't i.. tho i think if i'm going to do something i really try and put my all into it, this tested me, being so scared and awkward infront of the cam..... i will try and smile tho that is the part i hate most so maybe a big glass of wine for that one:D:D

Your nerves will be in tatters by the end of this 365 if you put yourself through the mill each time you post ;)
Seriously though Trace, a great start to your 365, you've set the bar high with this one. Give you and your emotions a break now, settle into the challenge and enjoy :D
Having said that, I know in the 52 challenge I do enjoy the photographs where people add a personal touch to the images they post. I know its the internet and people should still be careful not to give too much away about themselves but I feel that generally these can be stronger images for that reason.
I am teetotal so it must be the time of year making me all philosophical not alcohol :LOL:

Your nerves will be in tatters by the end of this 365 if you put yourself through the mill each time you post ;)
Seriously though Trace, a great start to your 365, you've set the bar high with this one. Give you and your emotions a break now, settle into the challenge and enjoy :D
Having said that, I know in the 52 challenge I do enjoy the photographs where people add a personal touch to the images they post. I know its the internet and people should still be careful not to give too much away about themselves but I feel that generally these can be stronger images for that reason.
I am teetotal so it must be the time of year making me all philosophical not alcohol :LOL:

Hehe yes i need to calm the nerves or the next one (if i manage this) will be the year i finally lost it...:D
I think now i have got the initial photo of me up any others won't be so bad ( i tell myself).... i'm hoping it was just the first...
My thinking is.. yes you are right about still having to be careful but i like to make my mark on things and i guess kinda make it personal to a point. I decided to make a fb page to document it all in one place so the personal touch needs to be there, a bit of a rambling blog seeing as its the big 40 for me....

Oh and honestly... i actually don't drink that often to be honest!:D

whipspeed said:
Excellent start Trace and from the perspective of another person who hates to be in front of the camera, very brave! It's a great portrait and a really good mono.
Look forward to more of your shots.

Thank you Sarah, so many hang ups like we all have, I'd like to overcome that if I can.... So I may as well really challenge myself in this 365 :)

Wow!!!!!

Now that's just a brilliant opening shot. The lighting is absolutely bang on. Looking forward to seeing more of your work this year.

Back