Daily T's 365 challenge..... Life begins at 40......

snorton said:
It's certainly inspired me to give it a go this weekend, not done selfies for yonks!!!

Yeehaa excellent!! I look forward to seeing them... I think my shot today is going to be one as long as the camera plays ball lol

So today... before you look let me explain my photo choice....... some time ago i see a photo on 500px and it was a girl she had her head bent and was soaked... what i loved was the water drops coming off her hair, it was very arty!....

So here's me thinking i'm going to try it............. hilarious i can tell you... i was even tho it doesn't look like it dressed... in the front room with my little rat and daughter.. laughing i may add..... but i was determind to try... so armed with a spray bottle to keep my hair wet i tried................ and failed!! i have long hair (doh) it's not going to form droplet on the end...... well it will but way down my back.... and i wanted a close up!....

So instead we have a failed what i wanted to achieve shot.... but i still quite liked the almost intense image with the dark editing..... Almost a don't mess with me look!:D

IMG_5156-2 by Cg_girl, on Flickr

I think the 'look' is great...I'm not keen on the background though...but, it's still a good image.

All I am going to say is WOW!!! :eek: That is one intense image!! Brilliant ! and it doesnt matter that it didnt come out as you expected - always have another go another day:)
Well Done!!!! :D

I actually like it, well done you for having two SP's in so early. I must try and pluck up courage to do one :)

intense eye contact is epic in a dark portrait like this.. and a big (y) with your choice of background...

Last edited:
I can never quite achieve the image I have in my minds eye when I plan a photo session. Everyone now and then the results are ok, and often not what i expected.

This is a brilliant result, even if it stayed slightly from what was originally intended. Very intense portrait! Love it :)

Love this image T! You'll need to teach me how you get a good selfy; all I get is oof crap! :LOL: Although I did take one I *quite* liked when I had the 17-55 2.8 on hire... sigh!!

I think the 'look' is great...I'm not keen on the background though...but, it's still a good image.

Thanks Lee, it's the only dark BG wallpaper i could get at the time so need to invest in some others too.:D

All I am going to say is WOW!!! :eek: That is one intense image!! Brilliant ! and it doesnt matter that it didnt come out as you expected - always have another go another day:)
Well Done!!!! :D

Thanks carol, i so wasn't sure on posting lol.... but yes it was good to try and look at where i went wrong.

Looking good Trace !!

Aww thanks Vince!:D

I actually like it, well done you for having two SP's in so early. I must try and pluck up courage to do one :)

I know lol!.... although it was my mission on days i'm home to do a few and learn posess (not girly catalogue stuff:puke:)... but the darker emotional look....... Do one, its scary but you end up feeling quite pleased that you did it...(y)

Good work again T, you are much braver than me. I will avoid the self portraits if I can at all.

What is with the intense and or menacing selfies for today, that is a wonderful one by the way (y)

Hehe thanks Matt................ Now it's your turn!:D

I can never quite achieve the image I have in my minds eye when I plan a photo session. Everyone now and then the results are ok, and often not what i expected.

This is a brilliant result, even if it stayed slightly from what was originally intended. Very intense portrait! Love it :)

Thank you Timmy!.... I'm the same and take LOADS in the hope one is ok lol

Love this image T! You'll need to teach me how you get a good selfy; all I get is oof crap! :LOL: Although I did take one I *quite* liked when I had the 17-55 2.8 on hire... sigh!!

Believe me i get lots of oof too!! lol........... i have to take lots and lots with diff settings and angles to get one i'm sort of happy with

Two fantastic SPs in 4 days ..... wow!!

Lol thanks Tezz...it was my challenge to do plenty... not sure yet if i shall continue tho.... scary!:eek:

Good work again T, you are much braver than me. I will avoid the self portraits if I can at all.

Yep that's usually me too.... i made a point of wanting to do this as a personal challenge, but when you're self conscious it makes it that much scarier, i don't want to let myself down and back out of them as this was my fall back on yukky days...............Thank you too Phil:D

Do one, its scary but you end up feeling quite pleased that you did it...(y)

Back in 2009 i started a 365 of purely selfies - it was sooo hard that I gave up at about two hundred and seventy something I think :( I look best in silhouette ;)

Sonriendo said:
Back in 2009 i started a 365 of purely selfies - it was sooo hard that I gave up at about two hundred and seventy something I think :( I look best in silhouette ;)

Damn it girl you got so far! I plan on a fair few but I'm not sure I'd have the ideas

Fab SP, T - the look you have is just spot on for it. I do believe you will soon get over this apprehension of SPs you talked about the other day! :)

Damn it girl you got so far! I plan on a fair few but I'm not sure I'd have the ideas

Ahem... If I can be so bold.. You do recall the suggestion that almost 70% of the 365 was going to be self portraits ... With a give or take +/- 50% ... Which in real money..doesn't even make sense..

Gotta say I think that's a cracking shot, and for me the background adds to it. The shot has got a rock/goth look to it, almost a crazed Ozzy Osbourne look about it (no offence intended :)). Really like it (y)

Fab SP, T - the look you have is just spot on for it. I do believe you will soon get over this apprehension of SPs you talked about the other day! :)

Thanks Sam i'd like to think so, i'm counting on them for boring grey days, well them and flowers lol..... I've been stressing with everything so i'm hoping i can get in a routine and chill :D

Ahem... If I can be so bold.. You do recall the suggestion that almost 70% of the 365 was going to be self portraits ... With a give or take +/- 50% ... Which in real money..doesn't even make sense..

You can be as bold as you like.......;)

Gotta say I think that's a cracking shot, and for me the background adds to it. The shot has got a rock/goth look to it, almost a crazed Ozzy Osbourne look about it (no offence intended :)). Really like it (y)

Ha ha :LOL::LOL: I've had 'Carrie'.... my daughter said The grudge and 3 now have said ozzy!........totally agree with the rock/goth look, .........Thank you too!(y)

That's really cool! I might have to give that a go myself at some stage! Although I have the opposite problem... my hair is a little too short. Especially seeing as I got it cut today :LOL:

Another cracker Trace (y)

The lighting, composition and processing all come together to produce a fantastic portrait. I particularly like the catchlights in your eyes, really makes your portrait pop!

Again, I think anyone who does a self portrait are quite brave. As someone like myself who isn't very comfortable in front of the camera you have displayed a real knack for it (y)

Good work Trace, keep it going as I for one am enjoying your 365. Iain

Well here we are day 5!... again i woke not having a clue what to do.... i think my problem mainly is before starting this i had seriously lost my mojo, it happened around this time last year to so i blame the weather.... soooo i thought sod it this will MAKE me think and it will get me back on track..... :shrug:.....

But.... it's kinda overtaking my every thought at the minute!!....... for me i'm wondering if i do actually need themes? maybe mini ones say for a week..... so a week of sp's a week of flowers a week of lonely trees ( love these).... at least that way i wake roughly knowing what to work with?......... opinions? am i the only one on day 5 that thinks....... OMG!:LOL::LOL:.....

By the way i'm not really a miserable cow, i'm just writing a little blog with each explaining my thoughts as i do this as it will be good to go back to and see the change....:D

Anyway a trip to the forest with the Rat today and he wanted to take my new umbrella so whats a girl to do but shoot it.....

IMG_5363 by Cg_girl, on Flickr

Trace...you take really good shots.... I really don't understand why you're struggling lol...
Make a list of things to shoot, things that you really like, flowers, trees etc, and pull one out each day, and go and shoot it...

Really like that...the DOF is awesome.....shot on manual aswell eh! ;)

like 'Sunshine on a rainy day' - bright and cheerful in the dullness :) Great shot :clap:

Love the colours but that bokeh really "gets" me! I'm a sucker for it... GREAT shot!

(I keep wanting to use my thread like my own little journal too...)

Back