Critique Turn this way

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, I was a little bored yesterday as I am today :( so out came a Nikon F301 that I have and tried a little macro on it, tbh i`m not sure on this one, I done others but way too much dust showing.

View attachment 23371

Anyways, tells me whats you thinking and give me your best or worst crit.
Nikon D3200
Tamron 55-200 with Raynox
Flash used too

Hmm.. tbh I'm not keen on the composition on this one. I'm not sure the most interesting area is in focus (how about focusing on the ISO reading?) and maybe cutting the dial in half in someway.

I mean, the centre is nice and sharp and light looks good; just need to get a bit more creative to up the interest factor. I love old cameras, I have far too many but no old Nikons like this one!

Hmm.. tbh I'm not keen on the composition on this one. I'm not sure the most interesting area is in focus (how about focusing on the ISO reading?) and maybe cutting the dial in half in someway.

I mean, the centre is nice and sharp and light looks good; just need to get a bit more creative to up the interest factor. I love old cameras, I have far too many but no old Nikons like this one!
Thanks Tim, as it goes I do have one of the ISO dial but so much dust on it I decided not to post it, i done 3 shots, speed (settings) light (ISO) and this one, (dial) I was thinking a small theme for the 3 shots.
Maybe I'll post the ISO one and see what you think. :rolleyes:

I prefer the one in OP. Maybe if handle was diagonal and led you into the image it might work better but focus is good and I like the ISO being OOF as it gives enough clue to what item is.

Yeah I prefer the OP one too. I can see why you went for it. The DoF works better and it looks a cleaner, better lit shot. I still think there are some more interesting angles to find on that camera though ;)

Thanks Bryn and tim :D

Yeah I prefer the OP one too. I can see why you went for it. The DoF works better and it looks a cleaner, better lit shot. I still think there are some more interesting angles to find on that camera though ;)
Ok, I'll look tomorrow pm as I got a bellows I'm selling this week, it's a great idea to try it out on the Nikon. Thanks ;)

Back