Two week photo trip in the UK............

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
I have just returned from the most wonderful photo trip back in the UK starting off in Solihull and working my way all the way up to Durness in the far north West of the Scottish Highlands. Below are some of my pictures that I have taken while on this trip............I will be adding to this thread as and when I get a chance to sift my way through the enormous amount of pictures that I have taken.......enjoy
1/. Stanley Newcastle.......Nikon D800e Zeiss 55mm 1.4 Otus
View attachment 18602
2/. Killin Scotland........Nikon D800e Zeiss 55mm 1.4 Otus
View attachment 18603
3/. Near Loch Carron West coats of Scotland.......Nikon D800e Zeiss 55mm 1.4 Otus
View attachment 18604

Last edited:
4/.Connel Bridge is a cantilever bridge that spans Loch Etive at Connel in Scotland. The bridge takes the A828 road across the narrowest part of the loch, at the Falls of Lora
View attachment 18621

Last edited:
Nice shots looks like some trip:) Where was no 1 taken

I'm not particularly taken with any of these to be honest. Mainly due to all being shot in undesirable lighting conditions.
The use of a shallow DoF in the first leaving the background OOF doesn't work in my opinion. I'd prefer the bale further to the left.
Second is the best of the set, but I find the composition messy, with the background falls to small to make an impact. The blown areas of sky catch my eye.
Nice reflections in the third, but let down by flat light. The few messy bits of land to the front left and right do nothing but distract and would be better cropped out in my opinion.
The last one is severely sloping and being stood that far back you've had to included messy bits of shrubbery and trees.

Reactions: ST4
As jake really. I'd add one is slightly over exposed abs the sky too heavily graduated. I'd add two I don't like - I'm not sure of the crop to be honest or the light.

Three if you crop the land off the bottom I'd live with but the lighting is dull but a good location.

Four is ok once you straighten it up

Five is a nice scene, the foreground rocks are OOF, guessing it's a focussing issue rather than DoF. Sky is blown again.
6 is also nice, with good reflections, but the sky is blown in places.

Thanks for pointing out the alignment issue on number 4.............that has been corrected already

have to agree with the above comments. all of them lack back to front sharpness and several are over exposed with to much saturation. number one especially so where the bales and straw are so overbright and overcoloured it almost hurts the eyes to the point where some of the bales are al,ost glowing white in the middle while the distant trees are just black messy blobs.
I think some fine tuning in PP could improve them greatly with a little cropping and toning down.

Were the over exposed in camera or over processed in software?

12/. Need help with the name of this place but its about 20 miles from Newcastle
View attachment 18725

Think that ones probably Raby Castle. Some nice stuff on here, though lighting a little harsh on a few. I do like the street scenes in Edinburgh though.

Suspect I used the same field as you for straw bales last night. :)

I cannae mind where I took this but it is in the Loch Carron folders so I guess it was taken somewhere around Loch carron. When we first arrived at this place it was in thick fog, but showed signs of lifting so we waited around 30 minutes and it lifted enough to get this...........glad I waited
smile.gif

Leica M 21mm lux
20/.
View attachment 19215

I really, really like:
#10: great colours and expression, really nice sense of place!
#11: I think cropping this a bit more to accentuate the old couple and make them more of a focal point could be cool
#16: Gorgeous colour, very vast and stark!
#20: That lake, wow

Number ten is ace maybe crop or false blur here or there but my fav by a mile

Back