Twycross Bush Dogs

new2me

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes

Last edited:
I went to see the new Elephant grassland enclosure, then remembered I hadn't seen their Bush Dogs ... then remembered they'd had pups recently.

Anything you forgot ? :p

I seem to remember them having pups when I went there last year, cute little things aren't they :)

2nd is my fav :)

They are cute! Prefer number 1 as it looks really angry. Not been to Twycross for a while now, all I seem to hear recently is not good. What was your impression of the place?

Anything you forgot ? :p
Yes! I forgot they were open late, so I needn't have rushed over ... although an early start this morning did prevent me from taking advantage of the extra hours.
I seem to remember them having pups when I went there last year, cute little things aren't they :)
2nd is my fav :)
I only found out they had them a couple of months ago, although they are in with the Coati who I did spend time watching last year :confused:

Cheers Ingrid (y)

They are cute! Prefer number 1 as it looks really angry. Not been to Twycross for a while now, all I seem to hear recently is not good. What was your impression of the place?
I think he was sniffing around for food as they all appeared with mouthfuls soon after :D

I'm not a big fan of Twycross, but it's quite close to me. I've seen some negative comments on the forum and their own Facebook recently. There is work being done in the middle of the place just now, a new extension completed for the elephants too and the nature reserve opened last year (or was it the year before?), so there is money being spent on the place, but maybe not in the way some people wish.

Cheers for the comments Adam (y)

Nice set Neil, I like the angle on #2 (y)

Really like no 1 Neil great expression on his face and the second one is so cute

Nice set Neil, I like the angle on #2 (y)
Cheers Chris (y) There's some nice low viewpoints there, but they can nip through quite rapidly though.
Really like no 1 Neil great expression on his face and the second one is so cute
Cheers Pete (y) I wish I could have more of the little ones with an adult.

Great pics!

When you visit zoos what's your preferred lens? Or do you take multiple?

Great pics!

When you visit zoos what's your preferred lens? Or do you take multiple?

Thanks Adam (y)
I think the 70-200 f2.8 is a favourite amongst zoo photographers, although I've only hired/used one for a few days

I have a 150-500 and 70-300 and have favoured the former recently

I'm gonna get a dslr in next few weeks and alot of my pics will be of the kids and of animals in zoos as take kids to them a lot, gonna get a 60d or d7000 ( preferably a d7000 depending on price) but trying to decide what lens/lenses to get with it

Back