Ullswater Cumbria

Looks like you've found a cracking spot. Growing up in the Lakes this makes me feel a tiny bit homesick!
The thing that sticks out for me is the crest of the hill only just missing off the top, not sure how you could reframe it through without being there. Maybe better loosing the top quarter of this shot or shooting wider. Also maybe could be improved with a polarising filter to remove the reflections bottom left, or maybe a 10 stop and a long exposure. I do like it though, brings back happy memories of lake swimming : )

Thanks for your comments Tom, I think you are right about the crest of the hill, looking at my raw images I have one that includes all of it so prob a bad choice by me, had my 10 stopper with me but never thought about using it, that won't happen again.
Jealous at you growing up in what I think is one of the most beautiful parts of the world, you must have fab memories.

Like the photo, I been there many a time, but never seen the stones..

Nice. Looks like a great spot. Bet it would look great at sunset, if the orientation was suitable.

Last edited:
Cheers Martin, took me ages to put them all there and yes I bet it is a great sunset shot.

Thanks for your comments Tom, I think you are right about the crest of the hill, looking at my raw images I have one that includes all of it so prob a bad choice by me, had my 10 stopper with me but never thought about using it, that won't happen again.
Jealous at you growing up in what I think is one of the most beautiful parts of the world, you must have fab memories.

Happy memories yes, but the sort of thing you don't really appreciate as a kid, youth is indeed wasted on the young.

Back