Studio Under the stairs

You got a great room to work!

As recognizable at first sight, I tweaked the yellow over cast and I keystones the scene as
well as the xy axises aspect was corrected.

Since you shot this at +/- 40mm with a zoom lens, the perspectives are exaggerated, here
the ratio legs and torso length is disproportionate. The lens was set "looking down" on the
subject with the consequence that all vertical lines were wider at the top than the bottom.

underthestairs%20pp.jpg

I hope this will help you…

Last edited:
Kodiak has expressed the practicality side of things
As for the enjoyment of the image as it stands, I like it very much

lovely lady by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

the right hand stair risers are distracting..cropping to the rug is for me to concentrate attention on the sitter
i have burnt a bit to give a more guarded background tone to show to advantage the model off more

What have you done Geof? She looks cross-eyed now. Gorgeous looking young lady, so gorgeous my eyes were immediately drawn to her and not the surroundings - now I only look at her eyes

What have you done Geof? She looks cross-eyed now. Gorgeous looking young lady, so gorgeous my eyes were immediately drawn to her and not the surroundings - now I only look at her eyes

i cant say i can see anything wrong with any of the lady's eyes
are you sure you are making rational comments here...there is no difference except a crop
??

Back