Uniross batteries - new batch faulty

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I bought my uniross sprint + 4x AA 2700mAh kit about 2-3 weeks ago from play.com. The batteries in 550EX lasted for 6 shots, and died. I recharged (2 of them seemed full), and same again. My older 4x 2500 lasted for 50 shots and counting.

A had a similar problem once before with this manufacturer. Is it just my luck?

Can I claim for faulty batteries, or just order new ones (Vapextech this time - I have one batch of these and they work fine)?

I'd contact Play and see what they suggest. I'd also contact the manufactorer and see what they can offer. (y)

I have two Sprints and They are good chargers however I have not had very long life out of their batteries certainly less than 100 charges before they start failing.
I have never counted how many shots I get with them on my 580EX's as I recharge after each session. Though certainly more than 100.

Last year I bought two Sprint chargers with 2700mah batt's.

Both chargers would not charge properly so I sent them both back, can't remember where I got them from but they sent replacements.

Both replacements had the same fault so I rang Uniross who sent me two more without me even sending the others back. They actually sent me different chargers which were newer models I believe.

However one of these was obviously very well used indeed, so I rang them again and to be fair, they again, sent me another without me sending the duff one back.

A couple of months later and one set of batt's died so I rang them yet again but this time I had to send them back for testing. A couple of days later I recieved 2 new sets of 2700 Batt's.

A few days later one of the charging plugs died...rang them again and they sent me another, again, without sending the faulty one back.

I'm still using the chargers but sometimes they switch off as if fully charged after 10 mins or so and I have to switch them off at the plug and then back on again and they will then charge for an hour or more.

So, give them a ring (01275 846980) and all your troubles will be over...for a while anyway.

I will look for a different make next time.:)

I think Uniross are a pretty decent firm and they're almost certainly going to back their products with decent customer service, so it's well worth a call.

But depending on what you need them for I'd consider eneloops next time. Not as high an advertised capacity but way better than anything else I've tried in re-chargeable AA's. Decent price at 7dayshop too.

cheers

Back