Upgrade

Name
Harvey
Edit My Images
Yes
I`ve finally decided to upgrade my camera and am torn between the Canon 6d or 7d , my problem will be budget i can probably get enough together in the new year for either a new 7d or second hand 6d , my photography is a mixture of portrait , landscape and macro so i`d be interested in some opinions please,many thanks

Canon 6D or even a 5D2 ? There full frame so they are better for landscape shots and great for portrait as well as being better in low light if needed :)

I would agree with throttle that the full frame camera would meet all your needs, but it does depend whether you want to expand your photography to other subjects like wildlife and action which a cropped cameras more suitable for

Thanks guys, i`ve also been talking to people at a camera club i recently joined and for the most part they didn`t see any good reason to get the 5d mk2 over the 6d ? it`s all a bit confusing as i`m worried i`m getting bugged down with minor details, and budget is an issue.

I mentioned the 5d2 just as a alternative Canon full frame at similar second hand price,
The 6D overall has the slight edge over the 5D2 apart from maximum shutter speed being 4000 where as 5D2 it's 8000.

Having just got a 6D & 7D not had chance to put them through their paces much yet but for portraits and landscape I would get the 6D out of my bag everytime.
What Lens do you own?

6D over the 7D for the subject matter that your interested in every time. the 7D is really a wildlife and sports camera. I would choose the 6D over a 5D MkII also.

I don't see anything that the 5D MkII does better than the 6D. Looking at second hand values from dealers 5D MkII's seem to fetch good money but for not much more you could have a new 6D from HDEW.

My lens`s are nifty fifty, canon 70-300 F4-5.6 is usm ,sigma 105mm F2.8 macro, who are HDEW? i`m happy to go second hand as my 1dmk2 has been great, i have on occasion used 1/8000 sec shutter speed but not often enough to use it as a reason to dismiss the 6d

I own a 5d2 and 7d and tend to mainly photograph macro with a bit of landscapes thrown in. In your position I'd buy a 6D.

Back