Used Nikon gear

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
No, I'm not selling :LOL:

I'm just wondering something. I'm looking around at used D200, D300 and also Fuji S5's, but if I came to buy I'd have no idea if I was being ripped off or not. Could some kind member hazard a guess at rough used prices I should expect to pay? Or point me in the direction of a good used gear price guide?

Hope someone can help :)

Cheers Flash :) I was thinking more of knowing what the highest bid to put in should be :LOL:

D200's seem to be about £500 as do fuji s5's while d300's seem to be £900- £950

Cheers Dave, nice Durdle Door avatar btw :LOL: where are you?

Thanks chris, I am at new Milton between Bournemouth and Southampton.

think the fuji's were available brand new a month or so back at various places for under 500 notes, would say a decent used d200 should be about the 400 level. Bear in mind these are quite old now - so don't pay too much - you wouldn't be in a rush to buy a five year old computer from someone and a dig camera probably has more in common with that than a tradional camera body.

No, I'm not selling :LOL:

I'm just wondering something. I'm looking around at used D200, D300 and also Fuji S5's, but if I came to buy I'd have no idea if I was being ripped off or not. Could some kind member hazard a guess at rough used prices I should expect to pay? Or point me in the direction of a good used gear price guide?

Hope someone can help :)

Check out this thread, has most of the 2nd hand camera shops listed, so check their prices, it will give you a rough idea of what things are going for.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/fo...ighlight=Used+Camera+Gear:+The+Suppliers+List

Bear in mind these are quite old now - so don't pay too much - you wouldn't be in a rush to buy a five year old computer from someone and a dig camera probably has more in common with that than a tradional camera body.

Yes and no, I'd happliy buy a D70s, but I wouldn't touch a 5 year old consumer-level Canon with a wobbly stick....

on the forums, D200 with grip tends to be 450, S5s can be 400-500ish, D300s, have been as low as 725, but they've gone back up now, more like 800-850ish iirc.

More on ebay or from traders.

and a dig camera probably has more in common with that than a tradional camera body.

Hardly! A five year old computer will be of little use whereas a five year old camera body will be virtually as good as a new one! A D200 for example is not as good as a D300 but not far behind it. I am in no rush to replace my D200 with a D300 (yes alright I have just ordered a D700 but will still be using the D200 for longer stuff!).

Cameras cannot really be compared to computers because the shelf life is longer (the D200 was Jun 2004 till Nov 2007) and the increase in spec is usually incremental. 10 > 12 Mpix (of little importance), live view (yes that would be handy), better ISO (yes) and a few more bits and pieces.

The D200 or Fuji equivalent are really good second hand buys in my opinion.

Back