Useful videos for photographers

Simon, I had a whizz through the videos. I'm still very much in the learning phase of photography and sorry to say none of the videos gripped me or made me watch them without forwarding through big chunks looking for the tutorial parts of the videos. It seemed more like ramblings than tutorials.

I don't want to come over as harsh as you've put alot of effort into them but thought I'd give feedback based on what I think and what I saw. I nearly didn't leave this reply as it's a negative and was just about to click the back button and go elsewhere in the forum but I thought you'd appreciate a reply than nothing at all.

Hi there, no worries I appreciate the comments.

The content covers all sorts of themes, so some of them are just thoughts about photography in general, but most of them are pretty specific. As they are only 1 or 2 minutes long (mostly) they are pretty focused so you don't need to fast forward anything.

I'm a bit surprised by the comment though, for example todays video "Understanding Bokeh" tells you what it is, how to achieve it, how to use it. All in less than 3 minutes...

Of the videos posted so far the really concrete tips include:

5 Tips for dealing with humidity
Using paints on people
Using a LensBaby
Why ACDSee instead of Lightroom
Understanding Shadows: Contrast and Transition
Why PPI is pointless

That's more than half the videos already...

I'm genuinely interesting in what you have to say, and if you would like to hear more so I can improve them as the series goes onwards.

Back