Critique Variety of Street Photographs

Like the last two overall seems to sum up the average high street in the UK to me.:)

I like them all especially the last one - so well done Mr Paparazzi :clap:

No1 too tight in the frame for me :rolleyes:

No 2 Nice PP I would clone out the carrier bag and foot+ the people right of shot and a slight crop left of shot :thinking:

like this

yours

Edit

No 3 the girl is totally out of focus :exit:

No 4 Nailed it :D

No 5 Nailed it :D

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What lens are you using for theses Dan? Looks fairly long. I'd like to see you grow a pair and get up close and personal with a 35mm. :D

Calvin

What lens are you using for theses Dan? Looks fairly long. I'd like to see you grow a pair and get up close and personal with a 35mm. :D

Calvin

:p

it's the 135mm f2, my 35mm is manual focus only - it's not going to be a gentle transition...

f/8 and be there ;)

I suppose my introduction to street photography was at night - and I might struggle with F8 at night!

But sure I can try that during the day...

It is no saving grace that my 35mm is the size of my 135mm :D

#1 like, but I'd try and brighten the faces in post? Not sure it it would work though, might look false. But love anything with cars in:)
I like #4 too for the line of people's gaze. Has the girl with the umbrella got her eyes closed? Sorry slow link and bright sun here.

#1 like, but I'd try and brighten the faces in post? Not sure it it would work though, might look false. But love anything with cars in:)
I like #4 too for the line of people's gaze. Has the girl with the umbrella got her eyes closed? Sorry slow link and bright sun here.

thanks for your feedback, looked like she was nosing at something - but I can't work it out :)

There all good but the last two stand out for me. Theres just enough interaction between the two pairs to wonder if they know each other. The workman on the wall love it especially the book reader. Shame the girl in 3 is oof.

Steve

There all good but the last two stand out for me. Theres just enough interaction between the two pairs to wonder if they know each other. The workman on the wall love it especially the book reader. Shame the girl in 3 is oof.

Steve

The shutter speed was too slow 1/125 - It was one I was reluctant to upload, but some people liked the sense of movement it added.

I like some them,as you say just started with street,don't worry about shots being OOF the movement can carry the photo,keep it up and enjoy :)

Hi Dan, What a great set of shots looks like you've nailed this street photography. I really like the "Thunderbird" shots not that I think they're better than the other superb shots but having very strong links with the USA I quite naturally like the old automobiles. Thanks for showing them.(y)

I do like #3. Its not often I say that about a photo with just 1 person in but this seems to have something.

#4 Work as well. Its unfortunate there were bollards between you and your subjects though

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the crop on number one.. right on the knees... worse place possible to crop is on peoples joints..

Each to there own but for street photogrpahy.. number 4 stands out a mile for me :)

Back