Venice in December by Night - 1st Pics Posted on Here! (Be Gentle)

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
All sadly have quite severe distortion. Compoisition wise, 1 looks very strong and the sodium lighting and blue colours in the sky look great. Two I'd crop to a wider aspect ratio to lose a chunk of the sky. A different time of the day would flatter 3, it needs more lighting or light in the scene.

Try keeping the camera level not only on the horizontal but vertical plane too, and you'll cut distortion right down.

All sadly have quite severe distortion. Compoisition wise, 1 looks very strong and the sodium lighting and blue colours in the sky look great. Two I'd crop to a wider aspect ratio to lose a chunk of the sky. A different time of the day would flatter 3, it needs more lighting or light in the scene.

Try keeping the camera level not only on the horizontal but vertical plane too, and you'll cut distortion right down.

The distortion is without doubt a problem. Finding a level surface in Venice is no easy feat without a tripod! But I certainly take your comments on board and they are appreciated.

Ah, no tripod....it will make it harder to shoot it level. I know I didn't as I went hand held visiting but I wasn't as into photography as I am now. I'd love to go back.

I did try and persuade my good lady to let me get a travel one, but she wasn't having it.. This time of year is perfect for night shots though as they place is dead, not a soul to be seen after 10pm!

I did try and persuade my good lady to let me get a travel one, but she wasn't having it.. This time of year is perfect for night shots though as they place is dead, not a soul to be seen after 10pm!
It's too late then, the best time is going to be half an hour or so after the sun has gone down, when there's still light in the sky.

Back