Studio Victoria

Lovely shot and lighting. My only suggestion would be to have her travel to my side of the Pond! ;)

Chuck

Very nice and an excellent shot! Her expression is perfect for the setting too. Is the light fall off around the edges due to lens vignetting, natural light fall off from the lighting setup, or post processing addition? If the latter I would personally lose it as it is an overused technique. This photo can stand on its own without that addition.

Last edited:
Very nice and an excellent shot! Her expression is perfect for the setting too. Is the light fall off around the edges due to lens vignetting, natural light fall off from the lighting setup, or post processing addition? If the latter I would personally lose it as it is an overused technique. This photo can stand on its own without that addition.

It's a mixture of the lighting set up and a slight post processing vignette, but nothing too much. It's a personal preference I know, but I didn't want the background to overpower as it was a messy graffiti scene.

Thanks for the critique though [emoji1360]

Glad I'm not alone on disliking obvious vignettes :) Otherwise a great pic though.

I would suggest lighting this girl from the opposite side, due to the way her hair falls. I do like the 'one visible eye' approach that you have deliberately gone for, but imho it might have been better to light from camera right as that side of the face is more open to the light. But very nicely processed in mono, and I'm sure she loves it.

I would suggest lighting this girl from the opposite side, due to the way her hair falls. I do like the 'one visible eye' approach that you have deliberately gone for, but imho it might have been better to light from camera right as that side of the face is more open to the light. But very nicely processed in mono, and I'm sure she loves it.

The lighting to camera left was intentional, I wanted the contrast and the shadows and avoid the even light across the face, but appreciate where you are coming from

The lighting to camera left was intentional, I wanted the contrast and the shadows and avoid the even light across the face, but appreciate where you are coming from
Thank you for clarifying the point on lighting. The clinical separation of the light and shadow down the face is very effective here, and the single eye in isolation holds my attention.
The same lighting gives strong definition to the nose also.
I like the concept and execution.

Last edited:
Back