Video: Spider Making Web Raynox 250

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I just found out that my Raynox 250 fits perfectly on my HD Camcorder so when I found a spider making a web I couldn't wait to try it out... unfortunately there was only 14 mins left of battery but I got 2 mins worth and it will be good to take it out to capture some bugs.

Video here:

https://flic.kr/p/p38deg

:)

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

Good work Bryn, we really should do more video. Not sure what DoF control you have but think you could push it further. Also I really think tripods or some way to stabilize the camera is a must. I know youtube have a good "camerashake" remover app anyone know of a standalone one?

Tbh not really delved into what manual controls I have of the camcorder. I think that I could have zoomed in more to see the spinner but as I was messing around didn't bother.

The IS on the camcorder is good but a tripod / monopod with ball head would be a good idea.

Now I have found out it can take the raynox 250 I will try later with flash light and see what it can do with the bigger Collembola.

Nice job, Bryn. You have steadier hands than me :p. Never done video though because my 40D can't do that :D. I'll be getting a 70D and hope to take some nice videos.

Nice job, Bryn. You have steadier hands than me :p. Never done video though because my 40D can't do that :D. I'll be getting a 70D and hope to take some nice videos.

This was shot with my camcorder couldn't do it with dslr.

Nice focus work on that bryn, thought I was going to see a time-lapse or something but real-time, nice!

Can hear the dog panting away hahahaha

Lol Thats the neighbours coming home from a walk. If I had time I would have set up a tripod and filmed the whole Web. But seeing the Web on video is hard.

Not bad at all. It's not hard videoing macro due to the very shallow DoF :)

Not bad at all. It's not hard videoing macro due to the very shallow DoF :)

Indeed I have looked at camcorder and there is no way to change aperture manually that I could see. Shame but should still be ok for my tasks.

Back