Critique Viennese Whirls

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Following on from my previous post (Cheesecake) thanks again for everyones advice on that post.

We decided to bake these Viennese Whirls.

I didn't really have any idea on how to compose the photo, stacking them seemed the way to go due to there shape. Taking advice from the last post I chose not include any props that I may have been able to find.

Stayed with the darker theme too as I seem to be drawn to it plus the the set up was still there.

I tried a few variations on the stack and some without the background light some without the falling sugar. I chose this one for critique as my Wife and Daughter liked it.

Sorry for the waffle.

It would be great to get some feedback on this. On any aspect eg: set up, composition, lighting, anything really it all helps.

Gaz

dhGpZms.jpg

Photographically I am not sure about the empty space to the left of the stack, it defies the shape of the whirls.
From an effectiveness point of view, all I can say is that the image makes me want to reach out and take one! :LOL:

Mmmmm scrummy :love:

I knew it was one of yours when I saw it on the home page and for me it is spot on

Photographically I am not sure about the empty space to the left of the stack, it defies the shape of the whirls.
From an effectiveness point of view, all I can say is that the image makes me want to reach out and take one! :LOL:
Hiya.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some feedback.
Yes I see what you mean re the dead space. I felt that when I first viewed the image. I think it was because my first shots were just of the stack which made sense for them to be central I then added the rear whirl without moving the stack.

A good result if it made you want to taste one.

Mmmmm scrummy :love:
They were Graham :)
I knew it was one of yours when I saw it on the home page and for me it is spot on

Really !

Thanks for the feedback it is much appreciated.

Gaz

Back