View from the summit- Yr Wyddfa

Jao

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple from a recent trip to Snowdon, assisted by some dramatic weather!

15675097178_dda2b8b394_c_d.jpg

15862908615_6b3d3b6d69_c_d.jpg

That looks bleak up there, really nice shots Adrian, and the mono works perfectly with them,

Geoff

That looks bleak up there, really nice shots Adrian, and the mono works perfectly with them,

Geoff

Many thanks Geoff, it was a hike up the Pyg track in mist and fog and I didn't expect to see anything at the top, but then the mist cleared and it was quite a view, all be it magnificent desolation!

Fantastic shots, as said previously the mono works with these.

Great photos. Done well shooting into the sun. Very atmospheric.

Fantastic shots, as said previously the mono works with these.

Jonathon, Many thanks for the comment, it is appreciated
Great photos. Done well shooting into the sun. Very atmospheric.

Steve, many thanks too for the comment, it certainly was an atmospheric feeling there too!

For shooting into the sun these are terrific technically. I'd like to see the colour versions for sure.

Did you shoot the other way?

Steve thanks for the comment, the lens I used handles flare incredibly well, it is a Leica threaded Voigtlander Heliar 15mm Asperical, it is a genuine rectilinear ultra wide designed for rangefinder cameras, the rear element sits only a few millimetres from the focal plane shutter. The optical design is such that it is hard to get it to show flare even shooting directly into the sun.

There isn't a colour version of the shot as it was taken on Black and White (Kodak TMAX 100) film, I did also take some colour shots on Fuji Reala 100 but I batch process these and haven't souped them yet!

I did shoot the other way, a couple of shots set out below, thanks for your interest.

A bit on the grey and dull side, the route back down!
15742711330_681930a7f3_c_d.jpg

Another take on the summit
15711013318_009ac37cbd_c_d.jpg

Sublime Shots! You can certainly see the quality of the Voigtlander shining through here. Dramatic weather indeed, Fantastic clarity and stunning contrast. Number one and four have my vote.
Makes you want to pull your boots on straight away, very inspiring work, well done.

Just love that first pic.

Brings back fond menories of trugging up and down The Miners, Pyg and Watkins

Reactions: Jao
Sublime Shots! You can certainly see the quality of the Voigtlander shining through here. Dramatic weather indeed, Fantastic clarity and stunning contrast. Number one and four have my vote.
Makes you want to pull your boots on straight away, very inspiring work, well done.

Steve, many thanks for your kind comments, it is certainly a great place to walk and shoot!

Just love that first pic.

Brings back fond menories of trugging up and down The Miners, Pyg and Watkins

Thanks Paul, great walking on all three of those paths

These are great, I walked up Snowdon on four occasions in the past could never see more than a few feet in front of me, you were lucky with the weather but you certainly knew how to make the best of it.

Reactions: Jao
These are great, I walked up Snowdon on four occasions in the past could never see more than a few feet in front of me, you were lucky with the weather but you certainly knew how to make the best of it.
Thanks Bob, I have walked this mountain many times and I have only had such conditions on a few occasions, this time was a real bonus.

No Brocken spectres?

Rog, funny you say that, there was a Brocken Spectre. I still have some colour film (us films can be slow) to process from a camera with a 35mm lens, but I did get this on the TMAX in the Bessa L with the 15mm Heliar, my shadow can just be seen in the Bow of the Spectre, small as it is given the focal length of the lens I s using!

Brocken Spectre- Yr Wyddfa
15367028463_94efc7c176_c.jpg

Back