VSCC Loton Park - Hill Climb

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Loton Park with the VSCC... a great weekend all round. Great setting for these cars with a wonderful atmosphere over the whole weekend.

Six up from the hill then six from the paddock.

1// Through the trees

vscc_loton_park_2014-89
by D_M_J, on Flickr

2// Some colour

vscc_loton_park_2014-78
by D_M_J, on Flickr

3// Appearing Austin

vscc_loton_park_2014-58
by D_M_J, on Flickr

4// Fast Lady

vscc_loton_park_2014-64
by D_M_J, on Flickr

5// Flying Thunderbug

vscc_loton_park_2014-107
by D_M_J, on Flickr

6// Greenery

vscc_loton_park_2014-11
by D_M_J, on Flickr

Paddock shots to follow...

7// POWER... Hispano + Amilcar = FTD

vscc_loton_park_2014-134
by D_M_J, on Flickr

8// Relaxed atmosphere

vscc_loton_park_2014-113
by D_M_J, on Flickr

9// I spy a Maserati

vscc_loton_park_2014-122
by D_M_J, on Flickr

A few on 'funny old film'
10// Heart of the WASP - (Holga)

vscc_loton_park_2014_HOLGA-150
by D_M_J, on Flickr

11// Against the wall - (Holga)

vscc_loton_park_2014_HOLGA-152
by D_M_J, on Flickr

12// Hiding under a tree - (Kiev 4a)

vscc_loton_park_2014_35mm-142
by D_M_J, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, any comments welcome...

Cheers,
David.

Hey David,

Really nice couple of set's of shots - for me the first set looks a little oof but that could just be the ole flickr issue, the second set (even though I don't usually go for oldie style processing) is outstanding, with 7 & 9 being my pick.

.DAVID.

I really like the evocative "through the trees" shots #1 and #6 even though I agree with David that technically they look a bit wooly on focus.

In the paddock you've proved again that "funny old" film is truly timeless though I agree again that your "poncy processing" of the Maser is a great job! :plus1:

Thanks for the comments guys!

Not sure on the issue re. sharpness, they should be plenty sharp enough, but an issue somewhere.

Cheers,
David

4 letters almost guaranteed to grab my attention - VSC and C. Only one thing better tan seeing shots from one of their events and that's being there in person to have the other senses assaulted caressed!

4 letters almost guaranteed to grab my attention - VSC and C. Only one thing better tan seeing shots from one of their events and that's being there in person to have the other senses assaulted caressed!
Agreed! Nothing quite like a VSCC event, unfortunately Loton was my last of the year, so its a long wait until the next now :(

Cheers,
David

They have one race on the card at Castle Combe on Sunday and I was quite tempted by the idea of a trip up. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I missed the chance of a cheap ticket through an owners' club so will be waiting for next year.

The VSCC have a meeting at Wiscombe Park every May which is (as I'm sure Loton is) a great day out, with full access to the paddock area. Looked to see if 2015's calendar was available yet (for the VSCC, Wiscombe and Castle Combe) but they're not. Never mind, I'm sure they'll happen!

Back