Wakes Colne MX

Edit My Images
Yes
Just the one for now from Wakes Colne, more will be up at some time im sure

2428527889_eafbf3ab0c.jpg

not bad at all. It leads you in nicely

#1's really nice, good action and pin sharp. A few of the rest have been spoiled by the ropes, I know it's not easy but you need to try to change the vantage point to avoid them :)

Oh, and all over the 800 allowed, changing them to links

Was only shooting with either a 50mm f/1.8 or a 55-200 and even that wasn't long enough in some places, seems they are getting more cautious each year and have to stand further and further back so yes the ropes spoil them a bit.

Any other comments for improving them next time?

Sorry didnt know the 800pixels rule, ill change them all to a smaller size.

Thanks for resizing (y)

There's really not much to say in terms of technique or composition, you've pretty much got that nailed. The shutter speed might be a bit high on one or two but if you check the mags the wheels are often totally frozen so it's not that much of an issue. Other than that it's just attention to detail and trying to get clean backgrounds and foregrounds. :) And that won't be possible all the time either.

Not much i can do about the ropes unfortuneately, there was actually a lot of ropes and a pole in the first picture of the second post but i managed to clone those out because it REALLY spoilt it, the rest it doesn't look so bad in but id rather they weren't there either really. Last few now that ive just sorted, sorry theres so many :)

2431028069_b138f475dc.jpg

2431843146_ec1dba9daf.jpg

2431841146_75d0f9568d.jpg

2431839494_38d2580587.jpg

2431022349_a59b07d205.jpg

2431836706_ed1329bbff.jpg

The pan shot's the one for me ,the rest are darn good also,keep em coming (y)

Fine set, i especially like the third in the last batch.

Cheers

Nat
B->

Thanks for all your comments,thats probably my favourite too, was trying to get that shot but wasn't expecting so much mud to be flicked up, it annoyed me at first and was about to delete it but thought id leave it and now its my favourite.

Yeah shutter varied between 1/40s for the pan shots and 1/2000 for some of the others such as the first of the last batch, i set the 50mm to f/2.0 and let the camera choose the shutter. Got annoyed at using my cheapy 55-200mm though as the focus was a bit slow and wanted a wider aperture so ive just splashed out on an 80-200 f/2.8! Gah i hate ebay sometimes, im BROKE!

Back