Wales Rally GB Dyfnant

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
That's a different story than we heard at view point 4. They told us 'some idiot' had got too close and when a marshal went to grab him back they both got clipped by a car.

The marshals at turn 21 were we were stood would not say anything, other than it was a incident, ambulance etc, but that night a friend who was a working as a marshal, just further up told us what had happened, his version of events is that the man had slept at the stage, as he had driven past him that morning getting into position and had noticed his car frozen up. He had the heart attack and upon falling he broke his leg, it took 6 well built, recovery guys to carry his stretcher to the ambulance. This was also confirmed with them as i was speaking to the same guys that night when they dropped off the Japanese driver O. Fukunaga #96 at the Cann Office Inn PH, one of the guys showing his cut hand were the stretcher had cut in due to the guys weight.

There was also another heart attack later in the day, and a person also had a seizure near the end of the nationals session

image~5.jpg

image~4.jpg

image~3.jpg

Though I do admit I find the news blackout about the stage been stopped rather strange, not heard it mentioned in anything read or watched, which does make me think it was more too it

Last edited:
But of a shame it lead to it been abandoned but still a good day and fun day out with the camera

Still a fair few photos of the Nationals to post too

Feel free to offer C&C Motorsport isn't something I do often

Last edited:
Back