Walk around Wokingham

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I took a walk around town today to do my first attempt at candid. I don't think these are candid, since they're both looking directly at the camera, but I thought they were quite interesting characters anyway. I'd appreciate any c+C's.

1. Main with cane

man_with_cane_for_tp.JPG

2. Nice old fella

old_fella_black_and_white_for_tp.JPG

That second picture is really nice, he does look like a cheerful old chap. :)

This type of photography has my interest, but I've yet to work up the courage to give it a go... I have visions of somebody chinning me for pointing a camera at them!

That second picture is really nice, he does look like a cheerful old chap. :)

This type of photography has my interest, but I've yet to work up the courage to give it a go... I have visions of somebody chinning me for pointing a camera at them!

I know what you mean. I did feel a little self conscious, but I just sat on a bench for ages trying to look inconspicuous while taking a few snaps. After a while I felt a bit more confident, but was still not totally at ease. I suppose it gets easier the more you do it............that's what I'm hoping anyway !

I know what you mean. I did feel a little self conscious, but I just sat on a bench for ages trying to look inconspicuous while taking a few snaps. After a while I felt a bit more confident, but was still not totally at ease. I suppose it gets easier the more you do it............that's what I'm hoping anyway !

I would love to have a go at this but as you say the self conscious thing would get me.

I do like the second shot but his shaded left eye is to dark for me.

Yeah, I tried to Dodge (or is it Burn ??) that, but I just get a line down his face !

Ok I had a similar situation when I photographed a dog in strong side light.One side especially the eye was blacked out.

Try this......select the right eye and some of the surrounding face with a 20 to 30 pixel edge. Paste the selection then mirror it and position it to match the other side of the face !!

Dodge and burn as required to make the eye balanced as far as the source of light is concerned....

My apologies for not being all bells and whistles with my explanation.

Ok I had a similar situation when I photographed a dog in strong side light.One side especially the eye was blacked out.

Try this......select the right eye and some of the surrounding face with a 20 to 30 pixel edge. Paste the selection then mirror it and position it to match the other side of the face !!

Dodge and burn as required to make the eye balanced as far as the source of light is concerned....

My apologies for not being all bells and whistles with my explanation.

Hey, that's an idea ! I'll give it a try. Thanks

Back