(Warning) Dead Dog Stop and Beach

They are both shots of teh landscape if not all pretty. I think your title may put folk off but then it is a good warning to the squeamish.

#1 is a nice composition with the waterline leading the eye past the fishermen to the glorious colour in that sky. Shame that you had to have such a shallow dof as i would like the men a little more sharp.

#2 is shocking in so many ways. That looks like a body dump but maybe not. You make quite a comment on mankind with the beautiful sky above and the nasty detritus below. Leaves me feeling rather sad, both for the poor dog and the fact that people are such a messy lot.

Yeah, I figured that I couldn't just dump that photo in here and not give at least a little bit of a warning. Both photos were taken in South Africa where I'm staying till the end of the day and I feel they illustrate both the extreme beauty and the ...other extreme of the country pretty well.

Little bit of the story for the second photo if you are curious, we were on the way as a group to Khayeltisha which is one of the informal settlements near Cape Town but our van was overloaded so due to being pulled over once, but not checked we called another vehicle and pulled over right next to what you see here. It's definitely a dead dog, and it smelt like a dead dog. I was getting shouted at get back into the van cause the road wasn't safe, but had this picture lined up so grabbed it quickly and we got going.

Back