was this manfrotto worth

Name
michelle
Edit My Images
Yes
The head looks like it's goosed! But for £15 its a bargain. Rubber feet can be bought for a walking stick that will fit. Second hand heads are plentifull on FEEBAY. But it's only a bargain if YOU want it and will use it!

Big bargain! The 055prob legs retail for more than £100 alone. You can get improved feet too, ones that screw up to reveal a spike, or down to have full rubber - I have them on my 190xprob, cost around £25 IIRC - but I'm sure you could probably get a new rubber foot from Manfrotto. Meanwhile RC2 plates are readily available, around a tenner from Warehouse Express for example http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-manfrotto-200pl-14-rectangular-plate-1-4-inch/p10966

I have the same legs/head setup, although my head doesnt look that ratty :) If all the screws on the head work, and the lock for the plate work it should serve you well. Spare plates and replacement feet are about a tenner each at warehouse express, or you may well pick a plate up on ebay; just make sure it's the right size as there are 2 I think

The model of the tripod is printed on one of the legs, I think it was an 055prob from your flickr image.

The head should have it stamped on it somewhere too.

In your main photo the glare is right on the model number for the legs, but it looks like a 190proB to me. The head is a 141RC which takes the smaller plate, which just fine for SLRs.

This COULD be interpreted as a 'whats it worth thread' so be carefull!!
For what it's worth, (no pun intended) I paid £50 for a 190cl + a benro head, and thought that was a bargain!!
Is the head on the tripod complete? from the pics it looks like the quick release lever is missing. If not then a QR plate & a foot is all you need!

Back