Watch Photo Advice Wanted/Welcomed/Please

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Had some spare time and had recently been bought this watch so I tried to photograph it before it is wrecked.
I used 2 speedlights 1 to right hand side at the rear. Plus one pointing forwards and bounced back onto the watch face plus some cards for bouncing back accross from right hand side near camera.
Have uploaded 3 images as I have looked at them so much that I can't tell what I like and what I don't. Or if in deed they are just not up to scratch at all and I need to re think altogether.
Would be great to get some help and feedback on the lighting or any aspect really.

Gaz

IMG_4188_tp.jpg

Super_alt_tp.jpg

Watch_slate_tp.jpg

Remember that people like watches when they're "happy".

The background is a bit distracting and I would have preferred it to be invisible unless you're trying to get a particular look.

As above, number 3 has the best lighting - I can read the superdry label clearly.

Ideally it would have been nice to have a combination of 2 & 3. In photo 2 the red Superdry on strap is not lite very well. In photo 3 the Superdry on the watch bezel is OOF, and the numbers around the bezel are difficult to read and the back / forground is too busy. Also, could you try taking the photo from left side and change the watch around so the time adjustment button is on bottom, as it's casting a dark shadow over bezel?? Some ideas to think about.

No 3 has the most appeal

Les
thanks Les :)

Remember that people like watches when they're "happy".

The background is a bit distracting and I would have preferred it to be invisible unless you're trying to get a particular look.

As above, number 3 has the best lighting - I can read the superdry label clearly.
Hiya. Thanks for stoping by. I get what you are saying I started out "happy" but time ticked on :-( Yes was looking to include the slate as a background but as things went along I started adding more distracting stuff.From what you say the lighting isnt to bad ?

Ideally it would have been nice to have a combination of 2 & 3. In photo 2 the red Superdry on strap is not lite very well. In photo 3 the Superdry on the watch bezel is OOF, and the numbers around the bezel are difficult to read and the back / forground is too busy. Also, could you try taking the photo from left side and change the watch around so the time adjustment button is on bottom, as it's casting a dark shadow over bezel?? Some ideas to think about.
Hi Simon lots to think about here. Did not notice it was the button causing that shadow.Your observations on these images are spot on I never saw half the stuff you mention. I need to look much closer into the photos, slow down and adjust things accordingly.
Thanks again.

Gaz

Back