Watching From Beyond

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys

We had wonderful clear skys and a bright moon out yesterday so i thought i would try and get a nightscape image, but when i got to the location on the cliffs i saw this bench that was in memory of someone passed. So i thought i would make this.

Unfortunatley the seat is a touch soft, possibly due to camera movement but im not sure. But i still think its came out ok.

What do you think?

Watching from Beyond
by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

Mike

Honestly? I think sometimes people worry too much about things being super sharp and perfect; to me there's MUCH more to a good image than that.

I like it, but the balance is a bit off for me - the moon is very prominent bang in the middle, and its exposure really drags the eye to it. Would work better for me with a dark sky, or the moon more off to the side. The idea is very Duane Michals, which is cool.

aside from the above comment, i think it was a great idea, well done.

I like the concept here, so kudos for trying something innovative (y)

For me, the figure on the bench needs to be full (i.e. not ghostly) and ideally not the same person as the one on the cliff edge being remembered. I appreciate that you were likely alone on this occasion, but just a thought for next time should you revisit the location/idea.

Really liking it!...for me it works well and balances out with the bench to the left, figure to the right and moon in the middle with the light on the sea, with no moonlight there'd be something missing from it.

Spooky! but nice (y)

Back