We are their in-house picture group now.

Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
read that.. some of us have been against the getty machine for ages.. but your not allowed to say so or all the big nasty pro photogrpahers pull there face at you..... getty <spit>

I was just wondering if it will get harder and harder unless you have commissioned jobs/

Thoughts, yes, Tossers who have played a massive part in bringing the small man to his knees, even more so than the actual advent of the digital era itself.

If he gets his way it might be the ONLY way you can ever get anything published. And of course we need another massive american conglomerate monopoly??!!

Could I ask why? You shoot sports and your stuff is good, why would you not want the chance to get better access to even more sports events?

Could I ask why? You shoot sports and your stuff is good, why would you not want the chance to get better access to even more sports events?

better access? I ahve never wanted and still dont ..want access to better events honestly. would hate to shoot football at premiership stadiums or indeed any sport at top stadiums ..things like the olympics the world cup..man utd liverpool.. wimbledon... I seriously have never wanted to do these... i made my start and living at lower end sport and only dip my toe in top end when needed... the experience isnt the best IMHO .... Grass roots football beats premiership football any day of week for me... I guess the real reason is.. I dont need or want the preassure of working for any agency...

for the record...I have NEVER said anyhting about getty photographers and never would... absoloutly nothing against them.. quite the opposite in fact.. these are the people you learn from.. my beef is with getty the company and how it goes about things.. everyone cries about giving work away.. but not when getty do it?

I will meet you half way and say.. if getty offered me a contract for every accy stanley game i do... i would bite there hand off... I am not stupid enough to turn money away... But I would still slag the company off for what they do.... they certainly tookaway one of my revenue streams with womens football :(

Fair enough but they didn't take away your revenue stream, the FA did to help promote the women's league. The FA paid for Getty to shoot the league so direct your anger towards them.

Last edited:
Fair enough but they didn't take away your revenue stream, the FA did to help promote the women's league. The FA paid for Getty to shot the league so direct your anger towards them.

anger might be too strong a word ... more peed off really :)

At least people who work at Getty Images know the plural of photographer.

Do they know how to spell 'shoot' as well? :p

On a serious note as Tony says I have also have nothing against Getty photographers. I see the company to a certain extent the same as I see companies like Asda, Sainsbury, Tesco etc.

They screw over the little guy. That is why our high streets have so few independent shops. People will shop with their wallets.

And you duly did, so you might now want to edit your arsey reply to Chimper about not being able to spell correctly

One was a typo on the iPhone, the other, especially given Chimper's other posts, was a lack of understanding of grammar.

Do they know how to spell 'shoot' as well? :p

On a serious note as Tony says I have also have nothing against Getty photographers. I see the company to a certain extent the same as I see companies like Asda, Sainsbury, Tesco etc.

They screw over the little guy. That is why our high streets have so few independent shops. People will shop with their wallets.

It's a tough one. People do shop with their wallets but to give Getty credit, they did two things far better than anyone before them:

1) Never sell a photo, only a licence. Given how many people here hate Getty's tactics it's unsurprising how many operate a similar model
2) Brilliant distribution system. If you want to get your photo seen by all the editorial newspapers, websites etc around the world it is brilliant

You're proving it more all the time that you are exactly what I called you in an earlier post (the one the mods deleted)

I make no apology for the fact that I didn't like school, & never tried to do any lessons I didn't want to. I left school at 15 voluntarily so didn't have a great education, & you know what it hasn't ever held me back at all.

I've worked all my life, & never claimed a penny in handouts from anyone, I owned my own house in London which is now sold & I've bought another in Somerset & retired.

So if it makes you feel superior & big to keep making snide remarks, carry on it doesn't bother me, it just proves that all the education in the world means nothing if you've got no manners & no class.

I'm sure you'll go through this with a fine tooth comb (not that it'll need it I'm sure):) to point out exactly what's wrong with my grammar/spelling/punctuation & I couldn't give a monkeys.

My earlier invitation to you still stands, although I doubt you'll take it up. My Grandad had a saying "All mouth & no trousers". Sums some people up perfectly.

Sorry what was your earlier invitation?

I merely thought that as I have no idea of grammar or punctuation & you obviously have, whereas in my opinion you've got no manners, we could meet up so you could give me some lessons in grammar etc. & I could teach you some manners.:)

Or perhaps you would BOTH like to accept the invitation to continue the discussion like the grown ups you are meant to be, and not the school boys both sound like, picking holes in grammar and bickering.

Choice is yours, behave in a civil manner or you can both have a holiday in which to sort your differences out elsewhere, and that goes for anyone else that wants to join in.

I'm off from this thread thanks; having been called names and now some strange man on the Internet wants to meet up with me, I think there is little else to be gained.

I'm off from this thread thanks; having been called names and now some strange man on the Internet wants to meet up with me, I think there is little else to be gained.

People pay good money for that sort of experience. Just ask a few Tory backbenchers!

As someone said "Getty love photographer's the way McDonald's love cows".....McGetty

who said it.. I gotta pinch and use this :)

who said it.. I gotta pinch and use this :)
The last bit (McGetty) is I think from Delly Carr the Austrailian sport photographer, at least that's the first person I ever heard it from.
Not sure about the photographer/cow bit although it sounds like the sort of thing he would say. :)

Back