Weasel's prey

Name
Maryla
Edit My Images
Yes
It was taken yesterday, I was taking some pictures of birds and I heard some squeak. When I turned back to the right I've seen this scene. Background doesn't look very nice but it was very interesting to watch this action

15938978192_cf8c09b70b_o.jpg

15940493755_771a4baff8_o.jpg

Regards
Maryla

I think the background works well as it is a natural setting for the subject. There looks to be something blurred in the 2nd to the left - maybe OOF strands of straw close to the camera or some cloning?

Thank you Andy. It is very possible it is something there, as I said I was taking pictures of bird and this happened on another site of my tent which has only one window and I didn't have chance to change my camera setting as well. Will try to work on the 2nd one later

What a fantastic capture, and the background (in my opinion!) is actually good, provides a good contrast for the 'nature' aspect.

I will say though, that the cloning is quite obvious and excessive (spoils the images for me). What did the originals look like (if you don't mind me asking?)

I have to agree with Gavin,these are great, wild life captured at its best (y) but the cloning really does spoil them.

Good action shot of the stoat doing what it does, any chance of seeing the originals, without the obvious cloning,as Gavin asks?

Thank you for all comments and advices, here is the original image. As you can see I've already done some work but I wasn't to good with it :oops: :$:rolleyes:o_O

15759722699_7f0c1a5bc7_o.jpg

That rat was certainly in the wrong place!
Well caught shot despite the 'bits' encroaching on the frame :)

only viewing on phone, but a simple crop for composition would suffice in my opinion. It is what it is, the predator and prey are both in the habitat one would expect them to be. Don't be overly concerned about cloning and adding stuff, natural shots look fine.

only viewing on phone, but a simple crop for composition would suffice in my opinion. It is what it is, the predator and prey are both in the habitat one would expect them to be. Don't be overly concerned about cloning and adding stuff, natural shots look fine.
I did try (I don't really like to change the scenery on my images) but the perch on the left was really disturbing so I thought it will be better to clone it

TBH I'd be more concerned with the pole on the right,
That can be removed with a quick clone
or even crop.

Its still a cracking image well caught, which ever way you look at it though (y)

TBH I'd be more concerned with the pole on the right,
That can be removed with a quick clone
or even crop.

Its still a cracking image well caught, which ever way you look at it though (y)
Thank you, I did remove the white pole on the right :) may be not perfectly but I did ;)

Thank you, I did remove the white pole on the right :) may be not perfectly but I did ;)
Yeah I saw (y)
I meant in the "unedited" version though.
As in take that out but leave the white branches,
Which look more natural anyway.

Especially if you are not that confident with photo-shop at the moment.
It takes time and practice.
Just remember to "stamp"
rather than drag the clone tool,
as that'll give you the "wavy" effect that you have at the moment :)

Yeah I saw (y)
I meant in the "unedited" version though.
As in take that out but leave the white branches,
Which look more natural anyway.

Especially if you are not that confident with photo-shop at the moment.
It takes time and practice.
Just remember to "stamp"
rather than drag the clone tool,
as that'll give you the "wavy" effect that you have at the moment :)
Thank you for advice, I will try to use the "stamp" tool - never done it before so that will be some new lesson for me :)

Back