Wedding photo

Name
Levi
Edit My Images
Yes
I was the guest at a wedding just recently and took this photo. I'm very happy with it for my current ability with a camera and wondered if anyone has any comments?

Clickable link to original

I would crop in a little to lose some of the distractions, clock at the top and the other camera on the RHS.

For me i would have liked to see the groom looking at the camera and maybe you could have stood in front of them , to get the centre frame , have you also noticed that posting on here washed the colour somewhat , in the link the pink is much stronger

I would crop in a little to lose some of the distractions, clock at the top and the other camera on the RHS.

Good point.. I'll leave it as is for the moment so as to learn from everyones comments. I think you mean't the other RHS (y)

Gary Wood said:
For me i would have liked to see the groom looking at the camera and maybe you could have stood in front of them , to get the centre frame , have you also noticed that posting on here washed the colour somewhat , in the link the pink is much stronger

I think as the guest it might have been a little disrespectful to have moved in from of them, maybe the hired tog got that shot. I used Irfanview to resize and well observed with the colour. I didn't even notice! :)

Spend a a little more time in the pp to add a vignette to get rid of the distractions around the outside. Good start though with a nice expression on the brides face to add some feeling. :clap:

all the detail is in the dress, which often gets blown out on exposure, so thats a good start, theres been some excellent advice so far

Phil

Thanks for all your comments. I've tried to accomplish some of the suggestions and have come up with this..

IMG_4561b.jpg

I think maybe the phone still catches ones eye??

now clone out the guy at the back and the bag on the chair and you will have a great shot

I agree, get rid of the bag and the man in background would make it better, but for me the office window and stacked chairs are spoilin it a bit

EDIT
Had a quick play in Photoshop and came up with this

IMG_4561acopy.jpg

Now I know it's nowhere near perfect and people with better Photoshop skills could probably do better with their eyes shut.

I played with this really to see what I could achieve in Photoshop, if you want me to remove it I will.

Last edited:
It's screaming out for a mono conversion and you have got to lose the fire exit sign. The negative vignette does it no favours.

30 seconds in Lightroom:

mono.jpg

I was thinking of mono as well, but all the definition in her face is gone.

Stick to colour I think [imo]

working from a 200kb jpg doesn't give me much choice....from raw I could lift it way more. The same goes for the artifacts in the shot.

Last edited:
wow thanks for all them suggestions everyone.. and the examples you've posted.

Radiohead: I can provide that raw file if you were wanting to demonstrate what can be done.

Thanks again (y)

Back