Wedding - Sunrise, Barn and an awesome couple

Name
Tom & Liam
Edit My Images
No
Hey, not posted our work for a while! I'll stick some of our most recent weddings up over the next few days.

You can see the whole storyboard here : K&L Photography - The Ashes

And a few of our favourites :

Arrived at 6:15am just to catch the sunrise, worth it in the end as it was the opening double page spread on their album :)

U7oKBek.jpg

Ml8UA9y.jpg

vIvOwZV.jpg

8ZOiYPj.jpg

J79hNTY.jpg

1EB229K.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos there, looked like a really nice day! Checked the full gallery on the site also :) Noticed you didn't post any group family shots, out of interest do you shoot them?

BRB really need some ice cream now...

Looks like a lovely wedding with some great pictures.

The bird/branch or whatever it is in the top left of that first one is all that i can see when i look at that picture though!

That's a really nice coverage you linked too, although there's a few too many backs in it for my taste.

Interesting that you chose the ones you did to post above though, particularly the 6th down, when IMO you have plenty of better stuff to choose from :)

Great photos there, looked like a really nice day! Checked the full gallery on the site also :) Noticed you didn't post any group family shots, out of interest do you shoot them?

BRB really need some ice cream now...

Yes was a really nice day! We do the formal group shots, just don't post them on the blog. Not really the kind of thing we like to showcase on our storyboards as it's hardly the most artistic part of the day.

Ice cream was amazing :)

Looks like a lovely wedding with some great pictures.

The bird/branch or whatever it is in the top left of that first one is all that i can see when i look at that picture though!

Thanks, funnily enough I've never noticed that! It was cropped differently for the album :)

That's a really nice coverage you linked too, although there's a few too many backs in it for my taste.

Interesting that you chose the ones you did to post above though, particularly the 6th down, when IMO you have plenty of better stuff to choose from :)

Thanks Sid, I kind of messed up the original post and the links to the photos but I agree with you. I only wanted to post one to be honest as the storyboard tells the full story much better and shows off our work but didn't want people to think I was just looking to promote the site or whatever. I will get rid of the culprits above!

EDIT : Aah Okay, there was a few links missing (the preparation ones), I wondered why there was 3 sunrises the first time I uploaded. Should be sorted now.

Last edited:
Very nice, I had seen these before somewhere (probably on FB). Curious as to where the bridal party went with the camper van though!

I've shot one wedding here (May this year so not long after you) and found the lighting in the barns tricky, especially the ceremony barn as you've got that strong window light behind the bride and whatever those internal lights are. Lovely venue though and the staff are very attentive :)

Yes was a really nice day! We do the formal group shots, just don't post them on the blog. Not really the kind of thing we like to showcase on our storyboards as it's hardly the most artistic part of the day.

Ice cream was amazing :)

Thanks, funnily enough I've never noticed that! It was cropped differently for the album :)

Thanks Sid, I kind of messed up the original post and the links to the photos but I agree with you. I only wanted to post one to be honest as the storyboard tells the full story much better and shows off our work but didn't want people to think I was just looking to promote the site or whatever. I will get rid of the culprits above!

Maybe I need to take a leaf from your book and avoid putting them onto my site. I usually only post a large group shot, then bride with bridesmaids, groom with groomsmen, brides immediate family and grooms immediate family. That's the top 5 I push for anyway but do find with my earlier bookings where I didn't mean this (still pretty new) I get lists of 20-30 group shots and it kills the time for nice couples shots.

Very nice, I had seen these before somewhere (probably on FB). Curious as to where the bridal party went with the camper van though!

I've shot one wedding here (May this year so not long after you) and found the lighting in the barns tricky, especially the ceremony barn as you've got that strong window light behind the bride and whatever those internal lights are. Lovely venue though and the staff are very attentive :)

Probably would have been facebook I'd have thought... Hope I haven't already posted these here haha.

Thanks, yes found the staff to be brilliant there compared to some venues. I know what you mean about the ceremony room, wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be on the day though.

Well spotted with the campervan, it came to pick the bride up and fetch the father while the groom arrived in the courtyard.

Maybe I need to take a leaf from your book and avoid putting them onto my site. I usually only post a large group shot, then bride with bridesmaids, groom with groomsmen, brides immediate family and grooms immediate family. That's the top 5 I push for anyway but do find with my earlier bookings where I didn't mean this (still pretty new) I get lists of 20-30 group shots and it kills the time for nice couples shots.

Group photos are the worst part of the day. We push those same 5 as you but often get quite long lists.

Just had a look through a couple of your recent weddings, nice work :) Though as you've said, the group shots don't particularly work in the blog with your style. The way we get around this is by letting the couple know that the blog is our showcase for advertising so we only use the images we want to use. They are always happy with this.

Ahem ... maybe if you didn't post groups, you wouldn't get punters wanting so many.

Wedding photographers tend to book what they show ;)

The way we get around this is by letting the couple know that the blog is our showcase for advertising so we only use the images we want to use. They are always happy with this.

Crikey! I honestly never thought I'd see anybody say that on here. Good for you, guys.

Last edited:
I like those, very nice - though whats up with #6, the balcony looks straight yet the floor looks like its dipping to the right? lens distortion?

Lovely stuff. Can;t offer anything in the way of C&C. Just lovely IMO.

lovely stuff!!

right up my street!!

Nice set, do you have a link to any more?

I posted another wedding here about a week ago : http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/wedding-red-bus-canal-and-wilfie.558578/

Some others from this year which I never got around to posting are (First one is newest) :

- Amy & Kyle Tissington Hall

- Joanne & Duncan - Tissington Hall

- Laura & Dom - Keele Hall

Got a couple more blogs going love in the next 2 weeks so will post them up too :)

Back