Wednesdays Drive to Work at Ullswater

Name
Mark Littlejohn
Edit My Images
No
Weather last week was stunning but unfortunately I was working every day - Wednesday I was driving the staff minibus to the Steamers pier at Glenridding. The Sigma 35mm 1.4 ART had just arrived so I took it in to work on the D800. I didn't get anything startling, just nice to be out, even if they were just quick snaps.

First off I dropped off a couple of the lads at Pooley Bridge

I did drive past the Duke of Portland and took a couple of shots. It was looking very nice but its probably the most photographed spot in the area so I'll leave that one

Stopped at Stybarrow Crag - known as Falling Rocks to the locals

From there it was on to the Raven - couple of snaps with the 35mm again. One of Norfolk Island and one of Lady of the Lake.

It'll be nice to get out and take some proper shots with this lens. Lots of potential.

This is a great looking set. The sigma looks super sharp and love the pp.

Absolutely stunning. No 2 is my favourite as you get a sense of huge peaceful space

Really nice set, number 2 has an age to it, I like that a lot.

Steve.

Cheers folks - I have to say that No2 is my favourite from the set as well and might get printed this week.

Processing wise they are all single RAW files in Lightroom 5.6 although the B&W has also been put through Silver Efex prior to being finished in LR.

cracking set.

Hi Mark, would like to say that you have captured the beauty of the place in a very personal way which works a treat for me, only slight crit for me is the part of the lay-by appering in #3 slight distraction. Thank you for sharing
Kevin

Lovely set.
2 and 4 are real crackers.

Back