Captive Weird Physics/Spectacles

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
So last night, was a bit bored after work and took a quick selfie. Nothing great, but noticed something which I'd not really thought of before. As you can see I'm bespectacled and have had pics taken with glasses on before. What I noticed yesterday for the first time was that where the camera was pointed at my glasses it looks like the right side of my face is out of joint slightly - tricks of specs/lens optics I think. So not really that weird I suppose but not something I'd thought about with specs wearers before. Anybody else encountered this before. I assume its just the angle of my camera (not being perpendicular to my spectacle lens)?

Anyhow, all thoughts welcome

Quick Selfie by Sir SR, on Flickr

Thanks

Shaheed

Last edited:
Have it occasionally in the studio. I've yet to find a solution other than turning the head.

Cheers. I guessed that might have been the only solution. I'm not sure a polariser makes any odds in this scenario.

S

you could remove the lenses from the frame. if it bothers you that much.

When you notice it in the studio, you can sometimes fix it with a change of angle.

It varies with the type of glasses, but I have to admit that I've PP'd to fix it for bridal portraits in the past.

When you notice it in the studio, you can sometimes fix it with a change of angle.

It varies with the type of glasses, but I have to admit that I've PP'd to fix it for bridal portraits in the past.

PP looks as though it might take a little while. I'm no PS guru though!

I'm not too bothered about it for this shot as this is a product of boredom.

Just highlighted something to me which (thinking back to physics) is now obvious and I'd never considered before.

Looks like it's all about angles!!

Cheers Phil!

Yeah... looks like a refraction problem. Would have thought there should be a plug-in or quick(ish) way to fix it in PS?
I'm all ears for that, if anybody knows, being a PS novice myself.

I think as was mentioned earlier, the size of glasses makes a difference. As it extends quite wide compared to my previous goggles, the refraction is more obvious!

If its just the image 'with glasses' you are after, have you tried plain glass in the lenses? I know you say yours are for vision but does the model need vision?

If its just the image 'with glasses' you are after, have you tried plain glass in the lenses? I know you say yours are for vision but does the model need vision?

They do if that's how they normally look (ie they normally wear specs!)

But I take your point!

S

Quick Selfie2 by Sir SR, on Flickr

Just had another thought - could you warp\distort the bit in the right lens (camera left)? Its definitely these specs as the size of the lens in them is so much bigger than my older glasses

Thanks o wise people.

Back