Well as everyone else is... Bluebells, Rain & Stuff

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Had some fun in the woods today, with bluebells. It rained. Like it does on Easter Sunday. :rolleyes:;)

pre-wedding001-6.jpg

Lovely shot Yvonne. They look relaxed and having fun. DOF is just right for me . I like that natural looking PP. It may be my monitor, but would it benefit from a slight increase in exposure?

Excellent shot yv as above increase exposure a tad. Also find the arms being at different levels distracting keep looking at it.

Though if same level might be like one long arm! Ummm different coloured coats maybe.

Maybe they'd be better centralized properly?

Lovely shot Yvonne. They look relaxed and having fun. DOF is just right for me . I like that natural looking PP. It may be my monitor, but would it benefit from a slight increase in exposure?
Excellent shot yv as above increase exposure a tad. Also find the arms being at different levels distracting keep looking at it.

Though if same level might be like one long arm! Ummm different coloured coats maybe.
Maybe they'd be better centralized properly?

Thanks guys, all valid comments, though exposure looks ok on my screen [maybe they look a little dark in the bright background], but will have a tweak and see if it improves. Bryn, started with arms at same level and yes, it looked very odd indeed on LCD so I did ask them to move them apart a little. Dean, I gave it a little more space on the left to try and balance her bigger umbrella but will have a play with a more central composition when I do the full edits.

That's a valid point - I'm a bit OCD about subjects being properly centralized when they are virtually in the centre of the frame. It always looks sloppy to me otherwise.

Popped out to our local little bluebell copse yesterday and unfortunately they've layered the bushes near to the main road so now it's visible. There was a photographer leaving with a couple (couple of bags of kit) and we found huge swathes of flattened bluebells were they'd been sitting/posing. Shame really as there's always little tracks and paths to get you into the midst of the bluebells.

Popped out to our local little bluebell copse yesterday and unfortunately they've layered the bushes near to the main road so now it's visible. There was a photographer leaving with a couple (couple of bags of kit) and we found huge swathes of flattened bluebells were they'd been sitting/posing. Shame really as there's always little tracks and paths to get you into the midst of the bluebells.

Exactly, these woods are great in that they are in swathes with small tracks and bare patches so we were able to avoid doing any damage. I did some in different woods on Saturday that were harder, but still doable without causing damage and ruining it for everyone else.

I like the idea Yvonne but I cannot help but be distracted by the more in focus twigs and branches :( they for me at least draw my attention away from the couple

It's for this very reason I'm very selective who I tell about a large local patch, that's not really visible from the road, even in our profession/hobby as with life in general there are some terribly un-caring / thoughtless people..

I like the idea Yvonne but I cannot help but be distracted by the more in focus twigs and branches :( they for me at least draw my attention away from the couple

It's for this very reason I'm very selective who I tell about a large local patch, that's not really visible from the road, even in our profession/hobby as with life in general there are some terribly un-caring / thoughtless people..

The branches you refer to to the left? They were basically next to them so unfortunately on same focal plane. I know what you are saying but funnily enough, its the other point about trying not to cause damage whilst doing this that made that tree near another fallen but not dead one the best option [enough space around it and enough hopping space between the flowers to get to it]. I would have preferred a cleaner look too but its a woodland, that kind of 'perfection' is not always attainable ;)

The branches you refer to to the left? They were basically next to them so unfortunately on same focal plane. I know what you are saying but funnily enough, its the other point about trying not to cause damage whilst doing this that made that tree near another fallen but not dead one the best option [enough space around it and enough hopping space between the flowers to get to it]. I would have preferred a cleaner look too but its a woodland, that kind of 'perfection' is not always attainable ;)

Yeah but you attain it so often it comes to be expected ;) I hate to be overly critical especially when it's not really something I do anyway subject wise, I guess this would be a time that a TS-E or Nikon version would come in useful :)

Yeah but you attain it so often it comes to be expected ;) I hate to be overly critical especially when it's not really something I do anyway subject wise, I guess this would be a time that a TS-E or Nikon version would come in useful :)

No please, be critical I really don't mind and in many ways I agree with you, it was just a case of needs must at the time - I look at nearly every photo I take and feel sure it could have been better. As for a TS-E type thing, would love one!! Not necessarily for this, although would be fun to play with for sure, but one is certainly one of those things that is on my 'photography wants bucket list' :D

No please, be critical I really don't mind and in many ways I agree with you, it was just a case of needs must at the time - I look at nearly every photo I take and feel sure it could have been better. As for a TS-E type thing, would love one!! Not necessarily for this, although would be fun to play with for sure, but one is certainly one of those things that is on my 'photography wants bucket list' :D

I hate those lists, mine generally gets longer every time I come on TP :eek: as to satisfaction we a photo I really get you on that front, I can maybe think of about five photos in the last 2/3 years that I can honestly say I'm 100% happy not a single thing I'd do differently

Back