Well that was hard

Edit My Images
No
Just wrote letters to my wife, daughter and in laws. All in envelopes and tomorrow morning I am going to have to tell the wife about them.

Why were the letters hard? well I go into hospital tomorrow to have an operation for lung cancer, the letters tell of my love for them and what to do if it doesn't go well.

I am lucky in that I have at least had time to tell the ones I love and care about that I do love them, so many other people never get the opportunity.

I write this not for sympathy, but to ask you all to think about writing letters to your loved ones just in case tomorrow you are not here.

Good luck with the operation tomorrow.

The letters are a great idea, and I'm sure the family will love them.

THAT DINT FINISH PROPER.. WILL TRY AGAIN

My thoughts will be with you but also with your loved ones tomorrow...I hope all goes the very best it can (y)

Hopefully you will be at the next light painting meet I do up north, I'll even let you loose a light sabre down a deep hole again :)

Last edited:
My best wishes to you, and hope all goes well.

Good wishes to you and your family/friends

My thoughts are with you and your family Munch.
All the very best for today (and indeed beyond).
I'm sure we all look forward to hearing that you're on the road to recovery.

Can only echo what other had typed up in here and wish you all the best and that you go onto having a swift and speedy recovery.

Best of luck with the operation and its follow up.

I still have the letter my husband wrote to me - he carefully left 3 copies of it so I would get it.

Folks - please make sure your nearest and dearest know how much you love them

Great advice. I echo everyone else's sentiments. All the best for today and the future.

all the best wishes ,hope it goes o.k

Hope everything goes well with your op and you make a speedy recovery, good luck.

Just wrote letters to my wife, daughter and in laws. All in envelopes and tomorrow morning I am going to have to tell the wife about them.

Why were the letters hard? well I go into hospital tomorrow to have an operation for lung cancer, the letters tell of my love for them and what to do if it doesn't go well.

I am lucky in that I have at least had time to tell the ones I love and care about that I do love them, so many other people never get the opportunity.

I write this not for sympathy, but to ask you all to think about writing letters to your loved ones just in case tomorrow you are not here.

I had a series of Cardiac Arrests in May 2006 and spent 3 months in hospital before going for open heart surgery.

One of tge most important things to me was a series of letters I wrote to those closest to me. Made more so when 30 days into my stay in the CCU my cardiologist, at my bidding, informed me that it would be a long journey for me to be able to have my op. Still here over 8 years on.

Respect your decision to put, on paper, how you feel and that is so important. I am glad I did.

Good luck

Steve

I guess the letter-writing isn't something you think about until you're in that situation, but I'm glad you had the forethought to do it.
It's something that would mean a lot to those closest to you, although I hope that they never have to read them.

Thoughts are with you today - and for a speedy, stress-free recovery after the operation's over.

Well thank you for all your kind thoughts. I ended up having the operation on Thursday morning and came home yesterday evening. Now I have to play the waiting game, whilst they decide if it is a secondary cancer (from when I had cancer of the kidney 3+ years ago) or if it's a new one with all the "fun" that will entail.

Well thank you for all your kind thoughts. I ended up having the operation on Thursday morning and came home yesterday evening. Now I have to play the waiting game, whilst they decide if it is a secondary cancer (from when I had cancer of the kidney 3+ years ago) or if it's a new one with all the "fun" that will entail.

Glad to hear you're back at home.
Waiting's horrible....hope that's not for too long.

Glad first stage went well. Hope you progress well through the coming period. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Good luck.

Back