Welsh Water

Edit My Images
No
Yesterday the weather in the mountains was pants so I spent the day doing something I don't often do, which is to photograph water ( a little out of my comfort zone), of which there's a lot about at the moment!

My first port of call was Aber Falls which were so full that getting near to the main fall with a camera was a non starter due to the spray...

Next was Fairy Glen, a wonderful place but not easy to capture!

I finished off at Dinas Dinlle where the promised sky-fire failed to show!

An enjoyable day all the same and the photos are by no means great, but a good illustration of how Snowdonia is an amazing place to live for a photographer in terms of always having something to shoot whatever the weather! :)

Aber by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

Away with the fairies by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

Fairy Glen by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

The lonely Sea by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

Dinas Dinlle by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

Rory, it was slippery but not 'that' bad...I do wonder how many folk have hurt themselves down there!

The lonley sea was an attempt at ICM and not a lurch after tripping over a coke can ;)

Nice set (y) Fairy Glen & Dinas Dinlle stand out :)

A great set Nick 3,4 & 5 for me.
I like The Lonely Sea best as it gives me a sense intregue.

#2 has been left out which I really like.

looked at them via flickr enlarged and they're all good, nice work (y)

so much going on here...
i will plump for the first for good composition, balanced tone and not too much oversell on the fuzzy water side
cheers
geof

No.3 for me. Lovely green tones and the sweeping curves of the water are lovely.

Cracking set Nick but my favourite is Away with the Fairies. Cracking shot although I really like the tones in the lonely sea as well.

The Fairy Glen shot in the landscape is a wonderful photo, spot on exposure time.

Back