Welsh Weather

When I first started photography many years ago one of the photo club's stalwarts said he spent hours in one place waiting for the perfect conditions. As a naive youngster who clicked and ran couldn't understand all this. I certainly understand it now as, whilst not exactly how you wanted, it still is an excellent image. I agree with Gramps about the light especially how it's illuminating the clouds and the right hand mountain side.

Gramps- Peter thank you ertainly have spent many many hours here also and wel worth it the resident otter has had eye contact twice now, lol I'm turning into Grizzly Adams lol

We all know what's hiding behind that layer of cloud Grizzly:), but the shot still has an appealing beauty. I like the layers of light and colour. Coming down from the dark blue grey gradients of the sky to the white candy floss framed by the golden light. Then the dark band before the Lynn. Nice contrasts I like the light across the mountainside and cloud.
So where was this taken from relative to the boats?
I take it the weather hasn't been so good lately...

Hi Steve this is taken to the left hand side of the boats and across the river also in the big field, indeed the weather has been terrible during my time at home mostly weekends

Beautiful image Kevin.
I really get a sense of the cloud looming towards you.

Quality, I love the light it is very dramatic. I know you would not want a longer exposure but the water could have benefited with a ND filter being used to blur the surface a bit. This would probably need to be blended with the shot above without it. Perhaps you could reduce the clarity on the water only in LR or gaussian blur it a little in PS? Then the texture of the water would match the darker sky.

Kevin..you are well aware of my admiration for your work, this is another stunner!..as the others have said it all I wont bore you with superlatives, suffice to say it's brilliant!

Robin

Back