western lowland gorilla

Edit My Images
No
After comment on another thread am interested if these are also found to be too tight? So that I can gauge what is considered too tight and amend future photography, cause were all here to learn right? :D

Link to other thread

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=3578531#post3578531

2010-08-14 - Bristol Zoo - western lowland gorilla 11 - Romina by Christopher Stanley, on Flickr

2010-08-14 - Bristol Zoo - western lowland gorilla 14 - Romina by Christopher Stanley, on Flickr

2010-08-14 - Bristol Zoo - western lowland gorilla 17 - Namoki by Christopher Stanley, on Flickr

#1 is a beauty, love his expression (is it cropped a bit tight on the right?). #2 & #3 I like, with the pose against the tree and the eye contact on the 3rd. Nice.

I like the first one. But it might look better, if you could put the space that is on the left hand side, onto the right hand side. So that there is more room on the right hand side for it to look into.

I would tend to crop a bit tighter at the back and give more room (to look into). Also will help to move the subjects away from their central position.

John

#1 is a beauty, love his expression (is it cropped a bit tight on the right?). #2 & #3 I like, with the pose against the tree and the eye contact on the 3rd. Nice.

I like the first one. But it might look better, if you could put the space that is on the left hand side, onto the right hand side. So that there is more room on the right hand side for it to look into.

Yep I see what you mean, I hadn't noticed it till now, I may be able to crop it so there is less room on the left but would mean the photo would be filled nearly all with gorillas.

Thanks for the feedback, if I can dig the RAW files out I shall have a go and post results.

I would tend to crop a bit tighter at the back and give more room (to look into). Also will help to move the subjects away from their central position.

John

Thank you for the comments, shall look into it.

Back