Weston-Super-Mare Sunset

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Decided last minute to drive down to Western last night to see the sunset. Missed the actual sun setting behind the horizon, but I still managed to enjoy the cold windy sea air and the stunning colours produced. I have every intention of going back to this stunning location, which is the Pleasure Pier with RNLI lifeboat station. Badly decayed, it looks in a very sorry state, but it makes great photography.

I used my new 10-stop filter to take this but in all honesty, I don't feel it was the right choice of filter and I'm sending it back to re-invest in a Lee filter kit. However, I would still be happy to hear your thoughts.

14820455707_556abe61f9_b.jpg

I think you might have used the ND to good effect had you waited and created more of a silhouette or not used it and photographed the scene with more light on the pier. Your photo is neither of those things and in this case I don't think the ND has contributed much. The overall composition is fine, I just think you need to return when you have a better use for the ND in mind.

Thanks for the heads-up on the location though. I work in Weston fairly frequently and if I wait until we have a sunset about 6pm (Oct?) I shall make an effort to capture it myself.

Tim.

Back