Critique Wharfedale Hospital Otley

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Was out in Otley today visit the new hospital with my better half & her mum. Decided to take my camera with me to try photo some of the old hospital. Strange that up until a few months ago I used to live opposite and never once thought to shoot it. Thats probably because there is heavy security and high fences all the way round.

Despite this I knew that from the carpark of the new hospital you could see over the 6ft fence and hopefully take some shots, well that was the plan anyway. So I started shooting over the fence and worked my way round to the security gate. Unusually it was open even more unusually there were no security around so I took advantage and had a quick wander around it wasnt long before I was spotted but I managed a few photos.

Comments and critique are, as always, welcome

There are more on my Flickr if anyone is interested

Steve

Last edited:
I like #2 the birds add something, would maybe crop an inch off the bottom.

I agree with Brazo, #2 for me. Birds just give it that little extra. Buildings look a tad under exposed though?

I dont mind the dark buildings as it adds some grit, only just noticed but something looks very odd in 4 and 5 with the sky against the buildings?

Did you superimpose the sky back in on 4 & 5?

Thanks everyone for the comments very much appreciated

Steve

Did you superimpose the sky back in on 4 & 5?
No. Only pp done was adjustments to clarity then saturation no selections. Convert to b&w and messed with the blue channel to darken the sky

Steve

Edit just looked at the large in Flickr and can see a halo round the top of the building. Must have overdone the blue channel adjustment

Steve

Last edited:
Back