What 100mm Filter holder?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Sorry I've done some searching but couldn't quite get the answer I needed.

I'm buying some hitech 100 filters and need a holder, I'll have a 77mm Hitech adaptor ring to go with it and will be using it on a 17-40L with a 1D mIII (1.3 crop)......what is a good value holder, I don't intend to use it alot so just want something to try out for a trip I have coming up.

Lee = seems v expensive £60+
Hitech = seems expesive £45+ and read a poor review

Cokin.........but what one? I saw they do a BZ100 but it's £50 again.....

I'd like something that could hold upto 2 or 3 filters and also use my CPL with?

I'd really appreciate any replies - thanks all.

I couldn't find anything cheaper and appropriate than the cokin z pro- and my filters are cheaper kood jobs. Sadly everybody fleeces you for having 100mm filters- my cokin holder was £45, the next size down was £5 iirc...

Ouch!

What about a Zomei? I wonder if it will work with the Hitech 77mm adaptor ring, but if not there is one with a ring for £18.

Given that you've already got the Hitech adapter then buying a Hitech holder really does become the cheapest option to get something half decent at this point in time. If you're looking to invest further in the future then maybe Lee is the way forward.

Bob

Ouch!

What about a Zomei? I wonder if it will work with the Hitech 77mm adaptor ring, but if not there is one with a ring for £18.

I too am facing the same issues! I just decided to buy a fairly cheap z-pro size holder from Amazon with 77mm filter ring was £12. Now deliberating over filters!

My mentality with the holder was that a majority of them are plastic and for light use, how badly can a fairly cheap on be made!? If it eventually fails then I haven't lost out on much and can then adjust my setup to my needs!

Ah nice one :)

Thanks for the replies all. So that Cokin Z-Pro would work with my hitech adaptor ring?

So that Cokin Z-Pro would work with my hitech adaptor ring?

A quick google suggests not- I've not got a hitech one to compare to but my Cokin adapter is 1.9mm x 101.5mm if that helps.

I just need a holder for a trip, I've never used filters (other than a screw on CPL) and I'm not sure if it's something I'm going to use much going forward as my photography now seems to be limited to holidays/days out.

I didn't want to spent £60 on a new holder only to never use it, and I've been looking for a used Hitech one but they are rare and my trip is 1st nov.

Thanks for all the replies, Coyon thank you for the googleing of that too.

Thanks but I think the Lee adaptor ring is different to the Hitech one?

Simple terms is I need either a filter holder + 77mm adaptor ring, or a filter holder which can be used with my Hitech 77mm adaptor, for sub £30 (used is fine).

Hi all,

Sorry I've done some searching but couldn't quite get the answer I needed.

I'm buying some hitech 100 filters and need a holder, I'll have a 77mm Hitech adaptor ring to go with it and will be using it on a 17-40L with a 1D mIII (1.3 crop)......what is a good value holder, I don't intend to use it alot so just want something to try out for a trip I have coming up.

Lee = seems v expensive £60+
Hitech = seems expesive £45+ and read a poor review

Cokin.........but what one? I saw they do a BZ100 but it's £50 again.....

I'd like something that could hold upto 2 or 3 filters and also use my CPL with?

I'd really appreciate any replies - thanks all.

Hey mate ive been thinking about hitech nd grads and was just wondering if theres a colour cast on yours? Ive read many mixed reviews about these filters.

Sorry I've not got a holder so how would I know! :)

I've ordered a Zomei and will put these filters to the test 1st week in November :)

Sorry I've not got a holder so how would I know! :)

I've ordered a Zomei and will put these filters to the test 1st week in November :)
Ok super youll have to let me know. With 100mm filters you can hold them. Its a pain but isnt to hard

Back