What compact

Name
Lea Roberts
Edit My Images
No
after a bit of advice, its my brothers birthday next month and his girlfriend wants to get him a new camera. he has told her that he would like one with a pretty good zoom but at the same time nothing to complicated, he will only use it for general stuff like holidays pics of the kids etc. i've been told a canon d10 but no nothing about compacts so any help appreciated.

the budget is £350-£400

thanks for any advice

If after a good zoom TZ 5/6/7 should cover what you need, and a very decent camera too.

My compact is a Ricoh CX1 and I love, great image quality and video quality. Is very user friendly also, so point and shoot is simple, but it has also has some more advanced capabilities for the slightly more serious shots.

The zoom is 7.1 optical (brilliant for a compact) oh it's about £270 so that's well within your budget. It's 9MP which is plenty for high quality prints. Video is 640 x 480, so not quite HD but perfectly acceptable for youtube uploads (I have shot and uploaded video to youtube with this camera, request some footage or stills and I'll post it up happily.):D

For that budget i'd also go for the G10, it's a bargain as the G11 is out!!

go for Panasonic Lumix LX3 - cracker

Back