What i've got now

5DmkII - 16-35 2.8L II USM - 85mm 1.8 USM

I have about £800 ish,

I've been eying up...

50mm 1.4 (canon)
200mm 2.8 (canon)
70 - 200mm 2.8 (sigma)
BG - E4 (battery grip)

Any other suggestions are welcome, im just looking for opinions from those who might have the lenses or gear and what you'd recommend

Cheers
Dave

For what its worth the 50 1.4 is freakin' amazing. Probably the best value lens I've ever bought.

Wouldn't you be needing a BG-E6 for the Mk2 rather than BG-E4 though?

My money would probably go on the 50, grip and additional battery.

Andy.

Depends what you shoot. 200/2.8 is a great quality telephoto prime but if you won't shoow telephoto then probably less use. I got mine for £450 used.

I reckon for £800 you could get 50/1.4 and 200/2.8 used

What limitations does your current kit impose on your photography? Do you you ever think, I wish I had ****** to get the shot? Only you know the answer to what you need.

What do you shoot? And where do you feel the current 'bottleneck' in your kit is? Personally I'd go for the 70-200, or the 200mm prime, but that's because I use longer lenses a lot, it depends on your subject matter and style of shooting!

Chris

I think the 50 might be the one, i find in an indoor situation the 85mm is too long and 35 is far too short for portraits. I'll probally get a grip aswell as im 6ft 5 and my hands are pretty big! (and for extra battery life)

Back