What to bring on my vacation

Name
Jesper
Edit My Images
Yes
Greetings all.

In a few weeks, my girlfriend and I will be travelling to Phuket, Thailand.
As I am a very enthusiastic amateur photographer, I will off cause bring my camera gear. However, given my present equipment list (as listed below) it gets quite heavy, is there any part of my equipment which I do not need to bring.
As I see it, there are two outcomes as to whichever option I choose:
1: I bring every piece of equipment I have in order to be sure that I am fully covered.
2: I bring only the essentials bringing the weight of my photobag to a minimum as there will be quite a lot of walking around but may miss a few opportunities

So, what would you guys and girls recommend that I bring? Everything or just some of it.

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated and will be deciding the outcome of my kitbag (y)

My gear list:

Nikon D90 (obviously I will bring this)
Nikkor 18-70mm
Tamron 18-200mm
Sigma 70-300mm
Sigma 135-400mm
Sigma 105mm macro (this lens will also be brought along as I love macro shots)
Nikon SB600 flash
Tripod
batterygrip
remote trigger

If I had your gear, I'd have taken the body, 18-200 and 135-400mm to South Africa with me last month. I found that I was constantly changing between my 18-55 and 55-250mm, and a superzoom would have helped with that.

Thank you fro your reply Dan. I was also considering leaving the Nikkor at home as well as this is fully covered by the tamron. Even though the Tamron have received some less than flettering reviews around the www, I am really fond of it - but then again, I am just an amateur and may not have as high expectations as the pros.

A little side note: I was wondering how much extra zoom the extra 100mm will give me on the 135-400mm compared to the 70-300. The 400mm is quite large compared to the 300mm

Back